Product Manager- Tire Changers and Balancers
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Little Rock, AR
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
The Product Manager for Tire Changers and Balancers will have responsibility for the under-car product line (Alignment, Balancers, Tire Changers, Test Lanes, Collision Diagnostics, Shop Equipment) in North America.
Define, design, promote and manage specific product line(s) in North America.
Develop plans for product lines in North America working with worldwide product manager, business unit President, sales, market research, engineering customers and other personnel
Lead efforts to feed the pipeline with new and innovative products to meet needs of customers in the region and position product line for continued growth and profitability. Attend trade shows, visit customers and meet with brand sales organization to identify potential new product offerings.
Define and specify products and coordinate efforts to introduce products.
Coordinate product planning, forecasting, field testing, pricing, packaging, communications, promotions, sales tracking, and inventory issues for product line with brand management and corporate marketing functions.
Continually rationalize product offerings. Assess profitability, functionality and trends of product line
In addition the Product Manager will be adept in:
Determining market needs
Evaluating competitors' positions
Estimating market potential
Product definition and specification, pricing and marketing support materials
Coordinating product launches
Making recommendations for Promotional activities
Providing support to those in the field
Providing coordination across functional lines to ensure integration of forecasts, engineering, manufacturing, marketing and sales support activities.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
* MBA preferred.
* Regional and/or global experience bringing a product to automotive market.
* In-depth understanding of product line, state-of-the-art technologies, product applications, market needs and customers.
* Extensive understanding of marketing principles, product management functions and product life cycle management.
* Leadership and analytical skills to work effectively in a matrix relationship with business units, engineering, sales, brand management, corporate marketing, manufacturing, and distribution.
* Strong interpersonal, communications and negotiating skills to accomplish goals within a matrix environment.
* Strong analytical and conceptual abilities.
* Must be proactive and display a high level of initiative.
* Willing to travel extensively.