Product Manager - Tissue Resection - Endoscopy Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 284958
This position provides the opportunity to manage a franchise targeted at pre-cancerous and cancerous conditions of the GI Tract. The position requires the creation and execution of global strategies to grow a mature product family, to perform market development for a recently launched product line, and to identify new market opportunities.
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In the Endoscopy division, we provide advance technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Endoscopy treatments.
The Global Product Manager is the primary owner of the Tissue Resection franchise and will manage and advocate for the franchise to ensure that revenue and gross margin objectives are met. This person will develop and execute global franchise strategies, project prioritization, budget management, and value messaging with coaching, direction and training from their manager.
This role will place a heavy emphasis on:
- Management of an existing, large global business (downstream and sustaining)
- Market Development of new technology both domestically and internationally
- Relationship Building with KOLs and key internal and external stakeholders
- Clinical Acumen/Strategy
- Contributes to development of 5 year global strategic plans, builds business case for product portfolio and new market opportunities. Gains global market insight and makes recommendations.
- Contributes to development of annual plans that clearly outline franchise objectives, strategies, tactic and activities (OSTA). Executes marketing business plans to deliver profitable growth and maximize global market opportunities.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of key business trends and market conditions through market research, clinical literature, metrics, coordination with customer interfacing teams and personal interaction with key customers
- Represents Global Marketing on Product Development Teams. Identifies and understands market / customer requirements and learns to translate the requirements into market specifications.
- Manages product through life cycle, from commercialization to obsolescence. Contributes to the development of commercialization plans. Leverages best practices for successful product launch. Provides ongoing support of the field including education, resources & collateral.
- Collaborates with Global Marketing Team and cross functional team to execute franchise strategies and tactics internationally.
- Identifies key customers and thought leaders and begins to establish relationships. Engages with physicians to execute key strategic projects and understand unmet customer needs.
- Identifies market research sources, both traditional and nontraditional, and monitors for data. Understands market research needs for franchise and recommends potential options.
- Responsible for achieving plan, forecast accuracy, management of budget to achieve goals and support of supplier relationships. Partner closely with Supply Chain in order to maximize inventory and minimize backorders. Ensure development of key metrics to measure health of the franchise.
- Understands opportunities for Global Market Development and executes tactics, leveraging cross-functional teams to achieve team goals: Sales, MDM, HE&R, Finance, R&D, Regulatory, Clinical, Supply Chain, and Quality.
- Demonstrates command of clinical literature and knowledge. Develops strong clinical arguments to support market development with global internal & external customers. Contributes to clinical publication strategy for franchise.
- Monitors competitive landscape and learns competitive technologies, products, strategies, strengths and weakness. Contributes to and executes comprehensive competitive response plans. Contributes to and trains Sales on positioning and messaging.
- Collaborates and builds credibility with key internal cross functional stakeholders to execute franchise initiatives. Communicates regularly on key franchise issues.
- Analyzes problems and opportunities and their impact on outcomes. Takes fact-based and stakeholder information into account to make sound decisions.
- Identifies and executes a well-tailored self-development plan.
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred
- 2-5 years of successful related business experience
- Experience with products that are medically/clinically oriented
- Demonstrated record of success working in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Domestic and global travel up to 35%
- Sales experience a plus
- Previous international experience a plus
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a)||Marketing & Communications||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Law, Supply Chain Manager, Data Management, Manager, Legal, Marketing, Operations, Data, Management