Product Manager (Web/Mobile Applications) 9/5/2016
Rain Bird Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Product Manager will be responsible for managing Rain Bird's ClimateMinder product line, as well as supporting and expanding the existing sales channel. The position is based out of Azusa, CA and is open for immediate placement.
The Product Manager will be expected to:
* Work with the field sales team and dealer channel to drive product line sales growth and profitability.
* Develop strategy, plans and materials for new product/feature launches working with Ag Marketing.
* Develop product marketing materials to help drive sales working with Ag Marketing.
* Regularly meet, in the field, with Rain Bird ClimateMinder (RBCM) resellers to support their sales, marketing and customer service efforts.
* Provide remote (phone or email) pre-sales and post-sales technical support to RBCM resellers and key growers.
* Support the expansion of RBCM sales/service channel by identifying, training and supporting new resellers in conjunction with Ag SBU management.
* Develop and implement reseller training kick-off and development programs.
* Develop customer training materials from technical documents and presentations/webinars to online videos and tutorials in accordance with Rain Bird Corporate Identity requirements.
* Develop product presentations, coordinating with Rain Bird sales force and customers.
* Develop an in-depth knowledge of competitive market share, positioning, pricing and programs.
* Identify market research needs and manage that activity through completion.
* Gather customer feedback, directly and by attending key customer and industry events and share with appropriate Ag personnel.
* Bachelor's degree in agronomy or equivalent technical discipline.
* 5+ years of combined sales, marketing, channel management and product development experience.
* Background in agricultural production/irrigation, turf, and/or grounds care markets.
* Understanding of soil moisture and weather sensing for agricultural irrigation.
* Strong technical skills in terms of electronics, computers and web-based software.
* Experience with web and mobile applications.
* Superior written & oral communications and supervisory abilities.
* Ability to successfully manage a variety of activities at one time, and to meet critical deadlines.
* Demonstrated success in utilizing strong influencing skills to produce results across an organization
* Ability to travel up to 50% maximum including overnight as needed.
* Product / Brand Management experience.
* Strong analytic & strategic thinking, and excellent project management and customer-facing skills
* 3+ years of experience with a manufacturing company.
_RAIN BIRD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER._