This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Purpose:
Serves as product champion for a specified product category, driving the plan and implementation of agreed upon strategy. Manages assigned category to approved performance metrics including profit/loss of smaller categories. May lead Product Business Teams and the development of product strategy for select products.
* Serves as lead in part of the Product Business Team and product lines to support the overall product category strategy.
* Participates and/or leads New Product Commercialization Teams in support of the product category strategy.
* Develops product criteria, vocabulary, range of options, initial price targets, product volume, margin forecasts, and identifies sales opportunities and promotional activities.
* Monitors performance of product category against competitors to ensure strategy achievement.
* Prioritizes and manages product development, enhancements, and deletions.
* Leads new product introductions and identifies target audience, product positioning, and product messages.
* Clearly articulates product positioning in the development of print and electronic communications.
* Represents Herman Miller in client product presentations, tradeshows, events, and to the Herman Miller Field Sales and Dealer Community.
* Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or Interior Design, or equivalent professional experience. MBA strongly preferred.
* Six to eight years of Product Management, Product Marketing, or related experience required.
* Contract furniture of capital goods marketing experience strongly preferred.
* Proven understanding of the customer and sales process with demonstrated customer and field interaction.
* Strong overall Manufacturing, Finance, and Purchasing business acumen.
* Successful experience leading cross-functional development teams.
* Outstanding leadership and communication skills with all functional areas and levels within a company.
* Demonstrated mentoring, people development, and leadership skills.
* Prior product platform team experience.
* Market research experience preferred.
* Demonstrated analytical and project management skills.
* Record of ongoing professional development strongly preferred.
* Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
* Willingness to travel to customer sites.
* Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.