Product Manufacturing Engineer 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Exciting opportunity within the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering group to showcase your engineering skills!
Honeywell Aerospace's multi-acre Clearwater, Florida campus was established in 1956, at the beginning of the nation's space program. Today, the site designs, develops and produces avionics, controls, guidance and navigation, and radiation hardened electronics for various Defense & Space programs.
The Prod Mftg Engineer analyzes complex technical problems in support of manufacture and makes timely recommendations to solve these problems. He/she expands and applies technical principles to understand build/test practices and manufacturing processes. Additional responsibilities will include:
* Completes assignments within defined technical, cost, and schedule constraints to ensure project milestones are met. Creates and reviews work instructions and related manufacturing documentation to ensure that they are fully compliant to all appropriate quality control specifications and that they achieve maximum effectiveness within cost and schedule constraints.
* Identifies, evaluates, recommends and implements continual process improvement in own position and across the Program. Solves problems through the use of new techniques by evaluating and recommending technical and/or operational solutions based on standard or accepted practices.
* Creates final reports/presentations and also contributes on team presentations/demonstrations to customers and/or management. Interacts with team members and peers to anticipate and resolve day-to-day issues. Understands processes and products in multiple areas. Application of 6-Sigma and/or LEAN manufacturing techniques to solve process problems and increase productivity of assigned area.
* Promote continuous improvements through coaching, facilitating and training in the use of HOS and six sigma tools.
* Develop and Implement Standard Work.
* Candidate must be a US Citizen due to DOD Security
* B.S. in engineering or science discipline required
* Understanding of Electro Mechanical assembly knowledge a Plus.- product is Electro Mechanical- a mechanical accelerometer
* Previous Quality experience in the manufacturing of aerospace electronics preferred.
* Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask
* Motivated individual with a bias for action
* Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Familiar with cost estimating techniques and budgeting
* Ability to apply engineering principles to the analysis and solution of technical issues related to the manufacture of computing, guidance and navigation equipment.
* Energetic team player that interfaces well at all levels of an organization.
* KNOWLEDGE OF ISO9001 AND AS9100 REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge of Six Sigma/ Lean Manufacturing a plus.
* Knowledge of SAP a plus.
* Excellent communication skills both oral and written
* Excellent presentation skills