Product Marketing Manager 8/9/2016
Sterling Talent Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The primary responsibility of the Product Marketing Manager is to develop high-level marketing strategies for new and existing products targeting the B2B marketplace. Working collaboratively in a matrixed environment with product management, a B2B sales team, and a global marketing services team, this role requires a highly collaborative, flexible and experienced marketing professional who has track record of success launching new products to market, repositioning existing products to new markets and marketing products throughout the product lifecycle.
The position requires significant initiative and drive along with superior marketing, strategic thinking, communications and analytical capabilities. The successful candidate is a strong leader who has the ability to influence and motivate others, can make their voice heard and can bring new ideas to the table in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
* CUSTOMER INTELLIGENCE - Define global and regional customer segments, buyer personas and needs; be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your end-users and how they use your product; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them; be "the voice of the customer" across all functions (i.e., product management, sales, marketing)
* STRATEGIC PLANNING - Develop the high-level strategy needed to market your products successfully, including target markets, existing customers, prioritized opportunities; support cross-functional marketing teams as they develop plans to execute on your marketing strategy
* POSITIONING AND MESSAGING - Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market, existing product portfolio and from the competition; support the marketing team in developing market-facing content
* SALES ENABLEMENT - Communicate the value proposition of your products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process, including sales training, product demos and trial processes; be "the face of product" for sales people about new and existing products
* PRODUCT LAUNCH - Plan and execute the launch of new offerings and enhancements; work across product, marketing establish and track success metrics (KPIs)
* PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE -Provide day-to-day marketing support for your products, including communications support for outages, content, feature changes and price increases
* CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE - Identify and develop opportunities to deepen relationships and improve customer retention, including product improvements, sales initiatives and marketing opportunities
The Product Marketing Manager works closely with a wide range of groups in the company to drive marketing initiatives out to external audiences.
* PRODUCT MANAGEMENT team to understand and address business and product strategies and priorities aligned to the product roadmap
* SALES AND ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT leaders to understand selling needs and effectively address market challenges and opportunities in order to develop valuable sales enablement tools and collateral
* TECHNOLOGY leaders to communicate product and customer requirements
* MARKETING team to provide input and guidance in the development of demand generation programs, content, competitive intel and partner initiatives
* A minimum of five years experience in a B-2-B marketing function
* Strategic and innovative thinker. Able to contribute their own ideas whilst working in a team environment
* Strong presentation skills and the ability to communication effectively with senior management and key customers
* Understanding of current and emerging Web-based technologies
* Excellent relationship builder. Proven track record influencing and gaining commitment from others whose opinions are respected within an organization
* Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle several projects at the same time
* Must be able to take initiative, chase, follow-up and drive actions in order to meet challenging deadline
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experiencerequired. MBA or other advanced degreepreferred