Product Marketing Manager - Food 8/20/2016
On Target Recruiting
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
This is a San Antonio 50 year old food company which is a San Antonio institution. It is run by third generation family members. It has national retail distribution of it's brands. It has a strong commitment to family values and team cooperation. You will be involved in a variety of activities in all phases of marketing, sales, operations, R&D and financial leadership.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product profitability, planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
* Build new, profitable revenue streams for through new and existing channels by introducing new products and optimizing the existing product mix
* Use primary and secondary market research as well as market landscape insights about product, pricing and profitability trends to determine market opportunities
* Identify new product innovation opportunities based on needs assessments of the consumer target markets and business channels
* Assess the business models as well as the operational infrastructure, supply chain system, and vendor capabilities in order to identify fast, mid-range and long range product development opportunities
* Review, modify and optimize existing products and pricing strategies to ensure quality standards and consumer needs are met while streamlining costs and maximizing profitability
* Collaborate with vendor partners to leverage partner research, innovation capabilities and product solutions that meet needs
* Generate new products through concept, recipe and packaging development
* Create the business case including pricing, positioning, forecasts and financial projections for new products and product lines
* Deploy consumer testing and create channel validation for new products
* Oversee the commercialization of products and monitor ongoing production of products
* Work closely with cross-functional team members
* Manages and executes product development marketing programs to budget
* 5-7 years Product Marketing background with a branded food product line.
* Bachelors degree with an MBA preferred.
* Willingness to relocate to relocate to San Antonio.
* Strong analytic skills
* Leadership skills...able to achieve your goals in a cross functional matrix system.
* Have a core value system in an organization which values people above all else.