Dir, Product Marketing 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Overview
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
This critical service marketing role is responsible for managing our service business related to our Metrology products (Films, Overlay). Critical responsibilities are related to creation of compelling service offerings, value selling, and optimizing at multiple levels across the fab.
* Creation of service offerings requires the person in this role to engage field teams and customers directly to develop a clear understanding of the customer environment and needs. Personal creativity and ability to incorporate multiple service and non-service attributes is critical to developing win-win service offerings.
* Value selling GSS service offerings is a continuous process and requires a deep passion for and commitment to value selling. The person in this role must be able to identify subtle value elements, quantify the value to the customer, and articulate each value element in clear and compelling ways.
* Optimizing our service offerings involves collection, creation and analysis of extremely large data sets. Complex analysis requires development of multiple scenarios and evaluation of a variety of factors, including business value, customer impact, current business trends, and service operations. These tasks require in-depth knowledge and interaction with excel, databases and SAP.
This is a highly collaborative role involving collaboration with service and tool sales teams, service operations, spare parts operations, and tool division marketing. 25%-35% international travel is required.
* Ability to identify service opportunities that will create a unique value for GSS and our customers. Develop these ideas into formal proposals thru analysis, projected impact and ROI.
* Ability to create clear, compelling service proposals for internal and external consumption.
* An understanding of the Semiconductor business and our customer s environment.
* Product management, product marketing, or service management experience
* An understanding of KLA-Tencor s service operations environment and data infrastructure.
* An appreciation of our customer s environment and the challenges we face balancing KLA-Tencor objectives and customer satisfaction.
* Ability to interact across a matrix of departments and management while balancing conflict that arises.
* Master's Level Degree in technical or business field
* Ability to recommend direction in the face of ambiguity and articulate rationale for recommendation to internal stakeholders.
* Ability to sustain progress towards mid-term goals, despite significant internal and external obstacles
* Strong communication skills and ability to conduct effective presentations under pressure, at customer sites or internally. Collaborative, but firm, demeanor especially in direct customer situations.
* Bachelor's Level Degree in a technical field with at least 5 years of experience
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.ORMaster's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development