Product Marketing Manager - LIC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hitachi High Technologies America, Inc. (HTA), an innovator in the field of scientific instrumentation, has an opening for a qualified PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER in its Life Informatics Center (LIC). The position will work in SAN JOSE, CA. This position is to support Hitachis expanding defect metrology business.
As genetics and genomics becomes more applied in practice and as the cost decreases the level of data being generated now outpaces the rate of innovation for managing that data. It is data management, from the point of discovery, through its translation, into phenotypically relevant information that remains a challenge for the industry. Life Informatics is an exciting new division within Hitachi High Technologies and represents the opportunity to shape product and market development from within the organization. This starts with using Hitachis experience in the life sciences and quality product development to provide a unique view into structural variation (SV) in human chromosomes that offers a more accurate and complete analysis of the human genome than currently possible.
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Product Marketing Manager is a key member of a newly formed sales and marketing organization. This individual will build a market development strategy, and provide technical sales support within the organization and to our customers with a drive toward meeting the customers needs and achieving sales plans. Communication with internal personnel, foreign parties, vendors and customers to ensure effective promotion of companys product lines and innovative product introductions is critical.
Specific responsibilities will include developing marketing collateral, applications development, facilitating continued product development with the factory, pre/post-sales support, customer support and training, and technical seminars. This individual must attend and participate in conferences, exhibitions, and industry shows, along with direct engagement in the sales process. Domestic and international travel is required.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
* Develop product positioning and marketing strategies.
* Developing and reviewing product data sheets and other product literature for distribution to sales and marketing personnel and customers.
* Deliver compelling product presentations.
* Conduct technical product training on instruments and applications for customers and sales staff.
* Researching, evaluating, and recommending new generation products, features, and specifications.
* Conducting competitive analysis studies with regards to instrument performance and capabilities.
* Participating in new product launches.
* Generate and Review technical data for advertising, proof statements, journal publications and other types of documentation.
* Resolving technical product line issues and problems.
* Assist with technical support and application issues.
* Responsible and accountable for the product line and related marketing plans.
* Other assigned tasks and duties.
* Bachelors Degree in Biological Sciences, Genetics or related field.
* Graduate Degree preferred.
* Minimum of five (5) years industry experience - experience with the qPCR, Whole Genome Mapping, and/or Next Generation Sequencing market is preferred.
* Two (2) or more years experience in product management or marketing.
* Must have experience defining product requirements and working with R&D to ensure development of products based on customer and business requirements.
* Must have proven track-record of outstanding performance in interacting with customers and various internal organizations.
* Proven ability to conceptualize and develop effective marketing strategies in target markets.
* In-depth knowledge of industry, customer base, and bioinformatics products.
* Computer Skills: capable to use Microsoft Office
* Certificates & Licenses: Valid drivers license.
* Strong negotiating, presentation and closing skills.
* Demonstrated success in working with interdepartmental groups.
* Ability to travel 30% domestic and international,
Our highly competitive benefits include major medical, dental, vision, prescription drug program, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance option, Flexible Spending Accounts, tuition assistance, pension plan and & 401(k) Plan.
EEO - Females/Minorities/Vets/Disabled