Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition at Progress
The Technical Product Marketing team at Progress DataDirect is growing and we are looking for a proven, innovative product marketing professional to design and execute the go to market strategies for the data connectivity business line. You will be responsible for developing and then telling the story of data connectivity which resonates with our highly targeted technical audiences.
The Product Marketing Manager for Data Connectivity will be a unique blend of suits and geeks; have a big-picture vision; and drive that vision into reality. The right candidate will be passionate about the data connectivity space to understand the problems, and position solutions with the latest industry disruptions. The solutions and audiences are very technical and candidate should cringe at fluffy buzzwords.
Here are some things you would have done last week, if you were a part of our team, as a Product Marketing Manager:
* Collaborated with Product Marketer(s), Product Manager(s) and General Manager(s) to define GTM strategy and comprehensive annual product marketing plans for the DataDirect business line.
* Drive customer and partner insight programs to uncover requirements and market data that will help guide product management efforts and customize the message for the each particular audience
* Worked collaboratively with Product Management, Corporate Marketing, Demand Generation, and Solutions Marketing to orchestrate product releases
* Refined product positioning and messaging on public properties such as product pages
* Created and communicate the product market strategy to peers in partner organizations
* Measured the effectiveness of product marketing programs
* Delivered thought-leading content via events, blogs, videos and other outlets
* Analyzed and refined the customer journey to best match buyer personas and their preferred purchasing process
* Developed scalable, reliable and usable solutions that evangelize our position and increase awareness of our products
* Created sales enablement collateral that carry product positioning and messaging
You will be the person who has/is (a/an):
* Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Computer Science or equivalent.
* 3+ years of software product marketing experience
* Solid understanding of the data market, trends and competitors in one or more areas across SaaS, BI/Analytics, Data Integration, Data Preparation, SQL/NoSQL Databases.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and an ability to tailor communication styles to different audiences, e.g. technical developers, less technical marketing managers, and external customer/partner audiences
* Evidence of leadership capabilities for virtual teams that deliver high impact, creative and innovative results to drive the company s top line growth
* Demonstrated results working in a medium size company evidencing the ability to collaborate and execute with other senior functional heads
If you are looking for a:
* Constant stream of fun challenges to solve - with the resources to solve them
* Friendly, informal, and knowledge-sharing environment with smart people around you
* Chance to join a team and a company globally recognized for its cutting edge products
* Way to impact millions of people worldwide through your ideas
* Dynamic opportunity for professional growth
* Company with a social and benefits program that allows you to concentrate on your job and career
* Company that pays as much as it can give, rather than as little as it can get away with