Product Marketing Manager - Poultry & Swine
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONIDEXX has an outstanding opportunity for a GLOBAL PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER to design and execute strategies for the poultry and swine product lines with a dynamic international team. As a Product Manager on our Livestock, Dairy, and Poultry team you will have a prominent role on a smaller team where you will play a part in improving the swine and poultry animal industries, and how we feed the world.
Responsible for designing and executing worldwide poultry and swine product lines revenue and growth strategies, understanding the drivers of diagnostic requirements, developing value propositions for the poultry and swinde product lines to address these requirements, working with regional marketing and sales management to create and implement marketing programs consistent with these requirements to increase utilization of IDEXX products and drive customer loyalty, managing day-to-day product marketing activities, generating and maintaining key opinion leader relationships and advisory boards, participating in new product development projects, educating and supporting the sales organization, and achieving product line growth and contribution margin targets. Success is measured by total revenue and profit delivery, business growth and maintenance of the operating margin of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for worldwide marketing and program management of the product line.
* Analyze the characteristics and trends of the market and define customer needs for new poultry products and services.
* Formulate overall product line marketing strategies.
* Develop and oversee project financials.
* Prepare and execute worldwide launch plans.
* Direct marketing/communication efforts.
* Ensure sales training is first class.
* Design and implementation of revenue generating programs for existing products.
* Guide and monitor product line marketing programs in conjunction with area managers to achieve strategic objectives and financial goals.
* Generate sales and marketing materials, including seminars, newsletters, and advertisements.
* Work with key opinion leaders, distributors, government officials, key customers, veterinarians and producers to drive demand for diagnostics.
* Attain expert knowledge on the business and application of the product worldwide.
* Create and grow alliances with industry gurus and associations in support of the business.
* Lead competitive and market analysis to anticipate competitive strategies and offerings.
* Provide marketing leadership on New Product Development teams, including chartering projects, developing design goals and evaluations.
* Manage branding, image positioning and message.
* Evaluate and recommend new product development programs in collaboration with business development and Research & Development
* 2 years experience with product management - new product development, managing current product lines, supporting existing products, product positioning, gathering marketing insight, product launch, collaborate with regional/global/commercial partners
* Must have relevant industry experience within the swine &/or poultry industry
* MBA or DVM preferred
* Experience with strategy development, development and commercialization of new products, and core marketing activities preferred.
* International experience is a plus.
TRAVEL: 35% plus domestic and international travel required.
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
LIVESTOCK, POULTRY AND DAIRY (LPD) LINE OF BUSINESS: Livestock and poultry producers, laboratories, veterinarians and dairy processors depend on IDEXX diagnostic technologies to make confident decisions about animal health, disease management and reproductive efficiency, and to ensure consumers have access to safe, healthy food and milk. Reproducibility, reliability and accuracy are three of the reasons why more than 1 billion IDEXX testsincluding dairy residue tests and milk-based diagnosticshave been run worldwide since 1985.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people. We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
IDEXX has a new state of the art, LEED certified, world campus which fosters an innovative and collaborative work environment and promotes wellness, offering an impressive onsite fitness center, health clinic, and many healthy dining choices! In support of health and wellness, IDEXX is also a tobacco free campus.
ABOUT THE AREA: Portland, Maine recently ranked number 6 on Forbes magazines list of Americas Best Cities for Young Professionals, was ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek as one of the best places to raise kids, was listed by Forbes.com as one of Americas Best Hipster Neighborhoods, was named the Foodiest city in the US by Bonappetit magazine, was ranked by Yahoo.com as having one of the healthiest and most affordable housing markets, made the top 10 list of healthiest cities for women by Womens Health Magazine, and has recently been nominated for Best Town Ever by Outside Magazine, the magazine chooses its top 10 places to live based on a balance of great culture, breathtaking scenery, reasonable home prices, low-stress living, and, of course, easy access to the outdoors!
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGING WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT UNLEASHES CREATIVITY AND ENERGY, IS REFRESHINGLY HONEST AND COMFORTABLY CASUAL, AND OFFERS OPPORTUNITIES FOR UNMATCHED PERSONAL GROWTH, WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!