Product Marketing Manager 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
In this leadership role you will be responsible for strategy, business development and sales for the Go To Market business within Applied Technology. You will be responsible for identifying, recruiting and managing the appropriate skill sets for the organization.
For strategy and business development your team will research and identify new products or service trends and evaluate their potential for success in the targeted marketplace. You will interpret customer needs into new features and product offerings through collaboration with engineering, manufacturing and finance. Your main tasks will be to develop product planning direction and prioritize the product roadmap, conduct competitive analyses identifying trends and product opportunities, define product/service opportunities and conduct financial analysis on new product initiatives and make recommendations to management. You will be expected to contribute to the growth of the organization via interaction with senior management and business groups/teams.
Your sales team will be responsible for the recruitment, development and management of accounts and opportunity pipelines. Key activities will include portfolio management, sales and services program execution and engagement. You will define, develop and deploy long-range strategies, stay current with competition and implement strategies to compete effectively. You will also be responsible for annual sales goals.
* Willing to travel on a frequent basis (5-10 days per month)
* Must have substantial knowledge of the U.S. defense industry as well as its logistics and sustainment leadership structure and personnel (military and civilian).
* Must have excellent analytical and critical thinking skills and be able to manage multiple competing priorities in short turn-around situations.
* Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be comfortable interacting with individuals and diverse groups of people in business and social settings.
* Possess strong verbal and written communications and ability to build professional working relationships.
* Successful experience with partnering and building industry teaming relationships.
* Defense Contracting Experience
* Master's Degree (or equivalent experience)
* Experience managing a team of highly skilled individuals
* Expertise in competitive assessments, price to win, and market penetration strategies.
* Management of the business development process, with special attention given to new opportunity identification, screening, forecasting, qualifying, pursuit, and capture.
* Market research and business case analysis in support of strategic planning and opportunity capture.
* Knowledge of roadmapping tools and processes for products and features.
* Expertise in marketing communications which define and communicate product positioning and key product message for end customers.
* Bachelor s degree with 15+ years experience * Prior Defense Contracting Experience * Prior experience leading a team or leading a project * Prior experience achieving financial and business goals * Willing to travel on a frequent basis (5-10 days per month) * Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract. Some contracts may have higher-level clearance requirements.