Product Marketing Specialist 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: PRODUCT MARKETING SPECIALIST
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Seeking an individual who seeks the challenge of a critical technical marketing role and enjoys working with our customers' technical teams in the rapidly expanding network visibility marketplace. We are seeking a Product Marketing Specialist to serve as a technical and marketing expert that develops and conveys detailed technical information with key customers, field sales, partners, engineering and marketing. This job is ideal for the individual who enjoys applying technology to a variety of end customer problems and who enjoys teaching and preparing others to use this information to address our customers' challenges.
* Be a subject matter expert for one or more products and own the marketing strategy and execution.
* Assist sales team enablement and large opportunities through training, presentations, videos and product demonstrations
* Write detailed product requirements that describe key customer use cases and work with engineering teams to realize the product
* Develop joint solutions with key technical partners that uniquely address customer issues with security and network performance
* Create collateral, solution notes and technical papers.
* Create web content and blogs.
* Test competitive products and provide detailed analysis to key stakeholders
* You will drive the launch of new products into targeted market segments.
* Minimum of 4 years industry experience in a technical marketing role with strong knowledge of data center networking, TCP/IP networking protocols and working knowledge of virtualization and cloud technologies including SDN and NFV
* Must have strong verbal, written and presentation skills
* Strong knowledge of application layer protocols is a plus
* Data center networking experience required
* Familiarity with network visibility products is a plus
* Candidates must work well in a fast-paced and growing environment, be flexible and possess a can-do attitude to exploit the unexpected and to succeed in unpredictable situations.
* Understand the business of the product line, and build effective go to market plans and programs in collaboration with Outbound Marketing
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering or computer science
* Moderate travelrequired (25%)