Product Mgr III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 4/7/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
This position will support the Cell Biology Marketing Team within the Life Science Group.
This position will support the commercialization of new products and market development of cell sorting platforms within the Cell Biology group at Bio-Rad Laboratories. Specific duties required include the following:
* Define commercialization strategy and support launch of new products globally
* Assist in creating strategic global marketing plans including forecasts, budgets, market research, situation analysis, product portfolio management, product positioning and elements of marketing mix (product, price, promotion and distribution) to create competitive advantage.
* Execute marketing strategy to achieve business goals; recommend direction and product positioning for assigned product/lines.
* Support worldwide business growth strategies (short and long-term) with clearly defined goals, objectives, critical success factors, timelines, budgets and action items.
* Maintain knowledge of markets, customer needs, and competitive landscape.
* Measure business performance against expectations, report on results, and adjust strategies and tactics to accomplish business goals.
* Ensure international sales and marketing teams' needs for sales support material and training are met.
* Coordinate efforts with engineering, R&D, manufacturing and sales to support and enhance products.
* Develop strategic plan for development and expansion of business in developing markets
* Travel worldwide to obtain direct knowledge of internal and external opportunities.
* BS/BA in Life Science required, MS or PhD degree desired
* Flow cytometry experience required, cell sorting experience desired.
* 2-3 years of marketing in the life sciences.
* Must have a professional manner, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams.
* Ability to ask open questions and have strong listening skills.
* Ability to work effectively on teams by working toward consensus but also highlighting important issues and findings.
* Requires demonstrated planning/organizational skills.
* Executes sound judgment, analyzes issues, thinks strategically, creatively, and uses innovative ideas.
* Demonstrates exceptional problem solving, decision-making, conflict management, change management and negotiating skills.
* Exceptional public speaking skills needed to represent corporation at external meetings, conferences and organizations.
* Able to present high level information for multiple audiences, including scientist, executives, and laymen.
* The candidate will travel up to 25%, both domestically and internationally.
* Proficiency in the following required: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.