Product Mgr III 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: BIO and BIOb) has remained at the center of scientific discovery for more than 50 years, manufacturing and distributing a broad range of products for the life science research and clinical diagnostic markets. The Company is renowned worldwide among hospitals, universities, major research institutions, as well as biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies for its commitment to quality and customer service. Founded in 1952, Bio-Rad is headquartered in Hercules, California, and serves more than 85,000 research and industry customers worldwide through its global network of operations. For more information, visit www.bio-rad.com.
We are looking for a motivated person to become part of a fast-paced team here at the Digital Biology Center at Bio-Rad, where we're changing the world by pushing the boundaries of research with Droplet Digital PCR.
Product development experience in the molecular biology/genomics field is a must-have, as this role will drive new product development for Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR) platforms and analysis tools. We are seeking someone with strong genomics marketplace knowledge and a demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up with new technologies for the market from cancer research and genome editing to virology and gene expression.
We need someone passionate and unwavering in their representation as the voice of customer on all products and projects a product champion who knows when and how to go to the mat for the needs of the customer, and when to yield in favor of an alternate path.
The life sciences market is moving quickly and there are both internal and external forces that drive aggressive timelines and high expectations to deliver products to customers of the utmost quality. We are looking for a product manager that can manage through challenges that arise in product development timelines, technical risks, vendors with professionalism and a positive attitude.
The person filling this role will have the opportunity to drive both new product development and outbound marketing initiatives for a high-growth product line with clearly defined goals, objectives, critical success factors, timelines, budgets and action items. In new product development, this includes translating voice of customer into product development strategies and actionable requirements to bring new products to market. For outbound marketing, it means assisting in the creation of strategic global marketing plans including forecasting, market research, product portfolio management, sales training, product positioning, competitive analysis, and differentiation through applications.
What you need for this role:
* BS/BA in Life Science required (MS or PhD highly desired)
* Strong understanding/experience of PCR and qPCR, and related genomics technologies; digital PCR and NGS experience are favorable
* 3-5 years of product development and marketing in the life sciences (platform development experience desired)
* Up-to-date laboratory skills and vernacular; an ability to work with researchers (internal and external)
* Hands-on use of complex genomics analysis tools and methods
* Must have a professional manner, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
* Ability to ask open questions and have strong listening skills
* Requires demonstrated planning/organizational skills
* Executes sound judgment, analyzes issues, thinks strategically, creatively, and uses innovative ideas
* Demonstrates exceptional problem solving, decision-making, conflict management, change management and negotiating skills
* Exceptional public speaking skills needed to represent corporation at external meetings, conferences and organizations
* Able to present high level information for multiple audiences
* Experience organizing and communicating technical information and training materials that meet customer and sales needs
* Experience defining, establishing and managing collaborations with researchers
* The candidate will travel up to 25%, both domestically and internationally
* Proficiency in the following required: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (SAP experience is a plus)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for growth and training
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.