Product Mgr III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 1/7/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
What you ll be doing:
We are looking for a highly motivated product manager with experience in the sequencing field either as a researcher or even better, as a marketer to join our fast-paced team here at the Digital Biology Center at Bio-Rad, where we re changing the world one droplet at a time.
The ideal candidate for this role has knowledge of the sequencing markets and customers, and minimally has NGS experience in their research background. The product line s/he will manage is directly in the NGS space, so this experience is critical to success in the role. Additional experience in cell and molecular biology techniques is a big plus.
We want someone passionate and unwavering in their representation as the voice of customer on all products and projects a product champion who knows when and how to go to the mat for the needs of the customer, and when to yield in favor of an alternate path.
The life sciences market is moving quickly and there are both internal and external forces that drive aggressive timelines and high expectations to deliver products to customers of the utmost quality. We are looking for a product manager that can manage through challenges that arise in product development timelines, technical risks, vendors with professionalism and a positive attitude.
The person filling this role will have the opportunity to drive both new product development and outbound marketing initiatives for a high-growth product line with clearly defined goals, objectives, critical success factors, timelines, budgets and action items. In new product development, this includes translating voice of customer into product development strategies and actionable requirements to bring new products to market. For outbound marketing, it means assisting in the creation of strategic global marketing plans including forecasting, market research, product portfolio management, sales training, product positioning, competitive analysis, and differentiation through applications.
What you need for this role:
* BS/BA in Life Science required (MS or PhD highly desired)
* Strong understanding/experience of NGS, PCR and qPCR, and related genomics technologies; cell biology experience is favorable
* 2-3 years of product development and marketing in the life sciences
* Up-to-date laboratory skills and vernacular; an ability to work with researchers (internal and external)
* Hands-on use of complex genomics analysis tools and methods
* Must have a professional manner, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
* Ability to ask open questions and have strong listening skills
* Requires demonstrated planning/organizational skills
* Executes sound judgment, analyzes issues, thinks strategically, creatively, and uses innovative ideas
* Demonstrates exceptional problem solving, decision-making, conflict management, change management and negotiating skills
* Exceptional public speaking skills needed to represent the company at external meetings, conferences and organizations
* Able to present high level information for multiple audiences
* Experience organizing and communicating technical information and training materials that meet customer and sales needs
* Experience defining, establishing and managing collaborations with researchers
* The candidate will travel up to 25%, both domestically and internationally
* Proficiency in the following required: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (SAP experience is a plus)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for growth and training
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.