This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an outstanding product development team creating products for use by the leading Cable providers of the world. ARRIS Workforce Management products are used to manage daily workflow by tens of thousands of technicians worldwide on a daily basis, and are considered mission critical systems for our customers operations. In this role, you will partner to help create customer-facing cloud-deployed software products that save our customers millions of dollars.
You will be a key member of a product development organization consisting of product owners, product development teams, and customer application experts charted with rapid development of mobile workforce management software. As a Software Product Owner you will be accountable for defining, prioritizing and guiding the work of multiple development teams to maximize the business value being delivered and to successfully deliver product releases that achieve business and customer goals.
WITHIN THE PRODUCT OWNER ROLE, YOU WILL:
* Collaborate with multiple Scrum teams to develop enterprise class mobile and web applications deployed in Microsoft Azure
* Work closely with the market-facing Product Line Managers to understand product vision, business goals and clients needs
* Explain released product functionality to our internal customer facing resources
* Translate business and customer needs into user stories and manage an agile product backlog to facilitate the engineering teams delivery of software
* Facilitate release planning with stakeholders and identify prioritization of feature requests.
* Work within a lean model of delivery to incrementally deliver value to our customers each sprint.
* Collaborate daily with Scrum teams and stakeholders to ensure a continued shared understanding of product backlog priorities and overall backlog progress
* Communicate and collaborate with other Product Owners when backlog items may impact or depend on the backlog items from another project / team
* Work with engineering management to communicate with stakeholders throughout the product cycle regarding progress as it relates to the items planned for a release and the items completed in a release
* Coordinate with the team to demonstrate a showcase of completed work for stakeholders each sprint
* During the sprint, monitor progress, clarify story details, validate completed stories and research stories for the next sprint
* Be on hand during the course of the sprint for questions and confirmation of progress
* Review demos of the work completed during the course of the sprint
* Proven track record of product ownership for a product built with a lean mindset and in a Scrum/Agile methodology
* Ability to efficiently and effectively break down large requirements into incremental deliverables that provide customer value
* Ability to translate business requirements into stories for technical teams to build and deliver
* Ability to communicate how each individual story fits within the broader long term picture to meet customers needs
* Proven leadership skills and business acumen
* Ability to understand complex business and technical concepts and make balanced judgments when faced with trade-offs
* Strong analytical skills and an ability to grasp and explain complex systems
* Ability to build consensus, explain a problem, and build a roadmap leading toward an overall vision
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with appropriate levels of management
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent teamwork skills
* Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
* Must have strong decision-making and problem solving skills
* Must have a sense of urgency and be deadline-oriented
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
6 years Software Experience required
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.