Senior Product Owner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Senior Product Owner
Product Owner K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
Reporting to senior members of the Platform Product Management team, the Product Owner is a crucial position on an Agile Scrum team and plays a key role in the successful delivery of K12, Inc. s products.
AS A PRODUCT OWNER YOU WILL . . .
* Work closely with the Platform Product Management team and stakeholders to understand and fulfill the product vision and roadmap.
* Be responsible for conveying market needs to your Scrum team by refining the backlog based on business value.
* Be accountable for the independent delivery of value to customers and stakeholders by ensuring that the right product is defined, prioritized, and built.
* Act as the custodian (caretaker) of the product roadmap and vision by helping to shape and refine them
* Proactively manage and prioritize the product, release, and sprint backlogs according to business value, complexity, and expectations
* Provide business leadership for the Scrum team by understanding and executing the product goals and vision
* Collaborate with the Scrum team to prioritize, plan, and release working product increments
* Keep stakeholders involved by gathering input and communicating progress.
* Collect and analyzes usability studies, market research, and user feedback to identify and recommend product enhancements and market opportunities
* Ensure the completeness and accuracy of product backlog items for the Scrum team by creating clear and thoughtful documentation
* Contribute to the success of the Scrum team by being an active participant in all Scrum ceremonies
* Respect and empower the Scrum team s ability to create its own plan of action each sprint while protecting the team
RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
* A bachelor s degree within a related field of study
* Five or more years of relevant experience within a software development organization
* Previous success working with an Agile software development team (especially Scrum and/or Kanban)
* Exceptional written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
* Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability to utilize strong leadership skills to provide guidance, influence and direction
* Ability to translate metrics into business decisions of importance and priorities
* Previous success as a member of a Product Management organization
* Experience working with off-shore/remote teams
* Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming backlogs, and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements
* Experience, knowledge and interest in education and educational technologies
* CSM and/or CSPO certification
* Experience with Agile development tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Rally, etc.
* Experience with online collaboration tools such as O365, Google Docs, Aha, Trello, StoriesOnBoard, etc.
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend