Product Owner - Sustainability Services, Waste and Carbon
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONProduct Owner - Sustainability Services, Waste and Carbon
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT | SPOKANE, WA, UNITED STATES
Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights from demand to impact to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family together we can Make a World of Difference.
The Product Owner - Sustainability Services, Waste and Carbon is internally known as Product Owner.
The Product Owner (Systems Analyst) provides consultative project and technological advice, high level analysis, information & tools to help establish Enterprise-level projects, features and systems. The PO is responsible for product requirements, engaging with internal teams to understand market and system needs, and ultimately delivering quality software to help the company generate revenue and/or reduce costs. The PO will lead the product roadmap initiatives through the software development cycle, including design, development, testing, documentation, release and training.
* Understands product vision as defined by product management, and is able to articulate the vision to development team and internal audiences
* Uses epics, features, product vision and market needs to refine user stories and requirements into clear, workable product requirements
* Supports development team in planning, estimating, and allocating resources appropriately
* Leads team in analyzing business needs and technology choices
* Prioritizes backlog to support product roadmap, and according to business value
* Defines and applies acceptance criteria for feature and user story release
* Participates in daily scrum meetings, and supports development team's ongoing questions, concerns, and feedback
Business and Technical Liason:
* Develop, maintain and manage relationships with stakeholders, keeping them informed and engaged throughout project lifecycles
* Acts as liason between development team and subject matter experts to clarify user stories
* Acts as liason between development team and internal users or client facing teams to track issues or resolve problems.
* Act as the project lead and key stakeholder
* Act as subject matter expert for the product
* Maintains knowledge of core Microsoft enterprise server and development technologies to support technology decisions
* Bachelor's degree in science or business, or equivalent
* Scrum training preferred
* Pragmatic Marketing training preferred
* 2-5 years in technology management, analysis, and / or software development
* 3 years in data management or energy services
* Technical depth of understanding deep enough to fluently converse with developers.
* Expertise in design, implementation, & maintenance of enterprise applications is required
* Expertise in business analysis, project scoping, and expectation management is required
* Strong familiarity with Microsoft enterprise server, development, and/or database technologies is preferred
* Strong familiarity with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack and reporting is preferred
* Experience in SCRUM Agile methodology
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Business and technical savvy
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.