Product Safety Engineer - (E&E) - Suwanee, GA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The individual will be responsible for testing and client communication of projects being evaluated in a third party laboratory. This individual will manage projects from the proposal process through the delivery of the final test report. Additional duties include generation of quality procedures and work instructions along with design and implementation of test fixtures as required.
SPECIFICALLY THESE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE TO:
* Review the design of electrical products against UL / CSA / EN / IEC standards;
* Conduct tests in accordance with UL / CSA /EN / IEC standards;
* Generate reports based on review and test data;
* Project Management;;
* Travel to customer sites;
* Assist in creating test docs and construction reviews.
PROFILE OF THE POSITION (REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS):
* Experience with UL / CSA / EN / IEC Product Safety Standards;
* Experience with NEC and CEC codes;
* Experience with evaluation of various Industrial / Commercial / Household electrical products;
* Experience operating various Industrial / Commercial / Household electrical products;
* Experience working with different certification agencies and data submittal;
* Familiarity with Medical, ITE, Household, Industrial Controls, Test and Measurement and Machine Directive Categories;
* Experience reviewing projects and providing feedback to the engineering team;
* Requires 10-20% travel;
* Experience with EPA Energy Star or Battery or Haz-Loc is a plus.
* BSEE, BSCS, or equivalent degree; or
* Associates of Science with 2 years of experience;
* 6 years of experience
* Must be motivated self starter capable of working with minimal supervision.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.