Product Specialist (Burndy) - Manchester, NH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Founded in 1924, BURNDY manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It s this talent that we consider to be our company s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company s success with your own.
Provide support to the Product Management Team to help implement product introduction, improvement, cost containment and/or expansion plans. Assist in all product management activities relative to assigned products to maximize product Sales and profitability
* Provide product and technical support to the Product Management Team and Field Sales Force.
* Assist in developing product training material for sales force.
* Analyze field reports and provide assistance to the sales and product management teams in setting the sales strategy and goals.
* Participate in the New Product Development Process
* Assists in the development of advertising and promotional programs for specific projects
* Coordinate the initiation of field surveys concerning new products and or services offered by HCE
* Work with the marketing team to maintain the product catalog information
* Assist in developing vertical market brochures and marketing material
* Assist Product Management Team with the strategic planning process.
* Coordinate and monitor progress on assigned projects.
* Initiate and select new product development projects with Product Management guidance.
* Assists in any forecast adjustments made to the assigned products.
* Develop and maintain an up-to-date analysis of all pertinent competitors and products in concern with Product Management Team.
* Responsible for setting price levels.
* Responsible for quote approval of assigned products.
* Recommend the obsolescence of low volume or low margin items.
* Bachelor's degree; Business, Engineering or Marketing
* 3-5 years related experience and/or training
* Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint with some exposure to ERP systems software
* Solid verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical skills
* Detail oriented
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Electrical Industry Market knowledge preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.