Product Support Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Product Support Manager is responsible for the lifecycle management activities, including full technical support associated with the MSS OECO products. Both inward and outward facing, the primary focus of the role is to ensure that CSS delivers the SBU's aftermarket product related contractual obligations combined with high quality product support activities, to its customers.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Support the aftermarket elements of the Meggitt PLM process, including (but not limited to) NPI, EIS planning and bid/proposal work related to PSA's/LTA's;
* Responsibility to ensure that the product and technical support activities are being undertaken in accordance with the SBU/site contractual commitments and that customer requirements and expectations are managed within those applicable commercial terms;
* Delivering high levels of customer advocacy and customer service excellence;
* Performing the account management function for and related to OE customers aftermarket activities;
* Monitor both the CSS aftermarket and product operating performance relative to established KPI's, LTA's, PSA's and customer performance expectations and ensure that pro-active steps are taken to both identify and correct unsatisfactory conditions;
* Providing full in-service technical and reliability support (warranty adjudication, product training and field support) direct to: Customers; the Meggitt Customer Response Centre and MRO Shopfloor;
* Support the Retrofit, Modification and Upgrade (RMU) generation, development and management process;
* Manage contractual customer penalty claims (warranty, DMCG etc);
* Contributing to the deployment and maintenance of a successful regionalised support structure;
* Working with peers across CSS to drive standardization and continuity of product support practices wherever possible across global sites;
* Managing the sites LRU rotable pool;
* Representing the company as appropriate in its relationships with major aftermarket customers, suppliers and competitors;
* Playing an active part in the DLA/'control tower' process;
* Providing support to the SIOP process, RF and annual spares catalogue reviews;
* Carrying out special duties as assigned;
* It is highly likely the role will also be expected to extend support and assistance to the wider CSS Product Support team;
* Given the discrete nature of sites, support agencies and customers, this role will require a commitment to potentially high levels of business travel away from the home site
* Relevant Technical Degree.
* Strong aerospace technical background.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 2-3 years experience in aftermarket support preferred, with proven supervisory / managerial skills;
* Knowledge and experience with continuous improvement techniques;
* Ability to identify business opportunities and recommend direction for continuous improvement;
* A track record of working within an aftermarket service environment and delivering on targets / goals in a timely manner;
* A strong bias for action combined with the ability to foster energy and enthusiasm at every level;
* Open communication style with a strong people and teamwork orientation;
* A track record of developing and maintaining relationships with customers, strategic partners and other internal and external audiences;
* Strong analytical and PC skills;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.