Product Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
Topcon America Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONReturning Candidate*
Log back in!
PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Topcon Medical Systems is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of diagnostic equipment and software for the ophthalmic community. Our Web based image management solution, along with imaging, diagnostic, refractive, lens processing and surgical products, is widely used by eye care professionals in their daily practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide advanced level of support to clients in answering inquiries, and interpreting resource catalogs via telephone.
* Provide remote assistance via internet connection.
* Administrative backup for Supervisor or Manager
* Helps create resource catalogs for Technical Support team.
* "Level 2" technical support.
* Support for warranty, contract, and "paid support" customers.
* Escalate "engineering" issues to Technical Support Engineer Supervisor.
* Complete issues escalated by Level 1 support (Dispatch field engineers and open/track RMA's for repair.)
* Work independent and proactive on technical matters.
* Can perform Imagenet installs and software upgrades.
* Support assigned Field Service Engineers with scheduling and special in-house needs (ship a tool, non-inventoried part, call customer, etc.).
* Perform technical training (specializes in a product.)
* Some travel for on-site repairs and installations.
* Liaison to engineering to solve unique failures or advance technical issues.
* Help create resource catalogs for "Level 1" and "Level 2" support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* 3+ years in a Customer Product Support role.
* Exemplary organization skills.
* Exemplary written & verbal communication skill
* Negotiation, people, and critical thinking skills.
* Ability to deal effectively with customers.
* Must be able to multitask: quickly analyze and resolve specific problems.
* Must be very flexible, decisive and must have the ability to work without supervision.
* Requires BS degree or AS in Electronic Technology.
Additional Information (including physical requirements
* Be able to lift 50 pounds.
* Valid driver s license.
* Able to secure line of credit.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Share on your newsfeed
It is the policy of the Company to recruit, hire, train and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era or other eligible veteran status, and to base all such employment decisions upon the individual\ s qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned.