Product Test Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Product Test Technician, completes work according to instructions, specifications and procedures. Conducts a variety of tests and verifications on electro and electromechanical equipment, while providing accuracy, productivity and on-time delivery.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Sets up test equipment and tests per specification
* Performs troubleshooting and failure analysis of analog and digital circuitry malfunctions to the component level
* Provides detailed written failure description with root cause analysis to production and engineering
* Follows written and verbal instructions, adheres to all company guidelines, policies and procedures
* Assists other departments with tasks in other production cells/locations
* Maintains a safe and clean work environment, an acceptable safety record and follows company safety rules
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 2 years or more of relevant experience
* Skilled in the use of test equipment, hand tools, power tools and electric soldering
* Good reading and comprehension skills to understand regulations and instructions
* Ability to analyze and determine methods and procedures
* Good oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
* Proficient Microsoft Windows software applications
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.