Quality Assurance Analyst 9/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160907-8217-TL
Company Name: Xactware
* Education: High school and technical school training or equivalent work experience. Preferred: some college experience
* Full time position, 40 hours M-F
* Solid basic computer skills, i.e. can navigate Windows & MS Office type applications
* Good written and verbal communication skills, with a willingness to tactfully present alternative solutions while advocating for our customers. Please be aware that we work with international partners, in multiple time zones, who do not have English as a first language.
* Positive attitude, quick learner that enjoys team work.
* Good critical thinking skills and work ethic.
* Good 2D and 3D spatial reasoning skills.
* Meticulous, well organized, attention to detail Getting it right is very important.
* Experience in or knowledge of construction/roofing industry, insurance industry, and geospatial data industry.
* Experience using at least one GIS/CAD tool, including but not limited to ESRI ArcGIS, MapInfo, Global Mapper, Microstation, AutoCAD, etc. Knowledge of more than one tool is considered an advantage.
* We are a software company: Employees must be comfortable with change, dynamic job and responsibilities evolution, and improvement process
Responsibilities and Duties
* Review workflow bugs, deficiencies, and design suggestions for CAD software deliverables in multiple agile environments.
* Assist in development of production guides, training materials, and user manuals.
* Provide written and visual feedback to development team to help increase effectiveness in production tools and work flows. Attend meetings related to such topics as needed.
* Assist in product definition for new versions; develop specifications for new production tool features.
* Working with customers to determine root causes and solutions.
* Other duties as assigned
High School (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.