Production Control / Materials Planner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONProduction Control / Materials Planner
SUMMARY: Manages inventory activities in the Rochester, NY location coordinating functions of production and inventory control. Serve as a liaison among various department to manage forecast for material planning while considering current inventory, obsolescence, lead times, product life cycles, production capacity and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Identify and implement system and process improvements within the supply chain to enable
overall business process improvement.
* Further develop existing forecast and supply programs to improve current days of inventory and cash cycle.
* Analyze inventory levels and product demands to determine reorder levels and safety stocks that will ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs.
* Execute master schedule and procurement plan based on history, seasonality and sales opportunities.
* Proactively review material supply and demand to determine push/pull actions appropriate to
impact manufacturing MPS and supply MRP exception messages.
* Coordinate and plan materials requirements for new product introductions, including review of
new BOM's and cut-in dates for build verification and production units.
* Assess impact to materials availability and production schedule from customer sales opportunities that may be affecting demand for product over and above the plan.
* Review material shortages, stock outages, and safety stock levels while working with Suppliers, Purchasing and Manufacturing to meet customer requirements. Propose changes, and when needed, assist in the resolution.
* Assist in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies.
* Work cooperatively to implement innovative inventory efficiency programs.
* Key user responsibility in Epicor. Responsible for data collection and migration. Upon implementation take ownership of training direct reports and serve as a resource for the facility.
* Responsible for all data collection, monitoring and reporting to effectively and efficiently reduce inventory carrying levels while creating industry leading delivery performance.
* Manage, train and develop direct reports.
* Work closely with Buyers, Inventory Analyst and Suppliers to determine the appropriate levels of safety stock for finished goods and components to minimize lead times.
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
* Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
* Develops alternative solutions.
* Works well in group problem solving situations.
* Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
* Responds promptly to customer needs.
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
* Responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Meets commitments.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
* Listens and gets clarification.
* Responds well to questions.
* Demonstrates group presentation skills.
* Participates in meetings.
* Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
* Uses time efficiently.
* Plans for additional resources.
* Sets goals and objectives.
* Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
* Develops realistic action plans.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Applies feedback to improve performance.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
* Proven experience with complex planning, forecasting and product lifecycle programs.
* Experience with Purchasing / Materials tools ( MRP, Inventory analysis, part or supplier profiles etc. ).
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and proficiency using Microsoft Office programs for document creation and reporting of data and usage of email for communicating effectively with team members. Must have previous experience in ERP systems.