Production Coordinator 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: Production Coordinator
LOCATION: Wilsonville, OR
JOB TYPE: Regular
At DWFritz, world-class practices combine with cutting-edge technology to produce brilliant solutions for our clients. Our engineered-to-order, automated machines are one-of-a-kind resulting in systems that are robust, reliable and built to last.
Innovation is the way at DWFritz. Employees are encouraged to "Find a Better Way" - one of our Core Values that keeps us ahead of our competition and promotes continued growth. It's also the reason we have a company supported incubator program and an in-house lab!
DWFritz has clients world-wide and an office in China. Our World Headquarters operates from a modern, state-of-the-art facility located in Wilsonville, Oregon which offers standing desks, an entertainment and a fitness room, and a hearty oatmeal breakfast to start each day. Our spacious lunch room is the venue for weekly All Staff meetings and our frequent "Lunch and Learns."
If you are looking for a place that is fast-paced, dynamic, and where we accomplish our work as teams, then check out DWFritz!
YOUR OPERATIONS TEAM AT DWFRITZ
Operations at DWFritz is a multi-functional team driven to deliver world class performance at an expeditious pace, with an ingrained culture of continuous improvement. This team works side by side with all the other functional team members at DWFritz, to deliver world class, high precision automated tools for a very dynamic and diverse top tier customer base, covering multiple industries. The team members work in a very collaborative environment, and are focused on doing what is needed to meet the customer's needs on time and budget. The environment thrives on an Integrated Product Team culture, addressing dynamic challenges with tactile execution and strategic planning, always focused on finding opportunities for improving operations, finding a better way, and exceeding our customer's expectations.
Responsible for coordinating program schedules and materials into operations, purchasing and production scheduling. This position requires customer contact.
The Production Coordinator has a direct impact on the Customer, Engineering and Manufacturing for material planning and release of information to support rapid manufacturing of automated machines.
* Support preparation of quotes.
* Drive schedule by communicating with Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Engineering for requested resources.
* Release parts for ordering.
* Track critical components and expedite parts.
* Recommend, facilitate, and implement improvement in methods or in-house processes.
* Input drawing red-lines/change drawing numbers.
* Reconcile Bill of Materials (BOM) against drawings.
* Work closely with Project Managers and Manufacturing Engineers.
* Prepare and maintain accurate project documentation including: parts lists, project log lists, bill of materials & material plan of action (MPOA).
* Coordinate preparation of all documentation required to meet project requirements.
* Coordinate and communicate schedule requirements with production, operations, program and project management.
* Coordinate responses to requests for parts or service.
* Coordinate with Purchasing to track supplier/plant's capacity, loads and releases of materials that support project requirements.
* Generate and maintain a time phased schedule for purchasing the various items on the Project BOM Structure that support the production and build schedule.
* Review initial BOM releases from Engineering and interface with PA to ensure BOMs are updated.
* Determine quantities to order based on schedule and ensure demand is created.
* Create spares list (with input from Engineering) and ensure demand is created as required.
* Ensure BOMs are updated based on engineering changes that occur during project.
Engineering Change Order (ECO) Management
* Manage ECOs from initial engineering concept all the way through to shipping parts.
* Document every engineering change, ensure BOM is updated and demand created, and notify Manufacturing and DWFC as required.
* Monitor ECO material delivery dates
* Collect parts and work with Manufacturing to assemble as necessary, and work with Logistics to ship parts.
* Monitor material due dates.
* Assist with production shortages (parts that haven't arrived yet or are missing) and China shortages (parts that we did not send or were damaged).
* Work with Purchasing to adjust material delivery dates as necessary.
* Attention to detail
* Initiative in selecting and prioritizing tasks for self and others.
* Excellent communication skills (including listening, writing, speaking).
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to deal with continual interruptions during the workday and remain focused on project.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Computer skills in Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project.
* Functional understanding of project management tools and techniques (MS Project, Gantt chart planning, critical path projection, project meeting strategies, etc.)
* Ability to lead and motivate other team members towards scheduled task deadline.
* Understanding of mechanical concepts and terminology is a plus.
* Ability to collect and synthesize date from many departments to move forward.
* Critical thinking skills.
* Ability to react and strategize quickly on limited information
YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A minimum of five years of experience in providing project coordination is required for this position.
* Bachelordegree or 6 years related experience preferred
For Recruiting Agencies:
DWFritz Automation accepts resumes only from our list of approved agencies. Please do not forward resumes to DWFritz employees. DWFritz Automation is not responsible for any recruiting fees associated with the submittals of unsolicited resumes.