Production Development Associate
PRODUCTION DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Astor Chocolate is a premier luxury chocolate manufacturer, with its fundamental strength being its innovation, creativity and dedication to creating premium products. We offer our customers a distinctive array of premium products for them to utilize as Private Label products. We work in an energetic team atmosphere, and believe much of the success of our phenomenal growth is our commitment to developing our employees' potential. We are committed to building our company with upbeat, talented, motivated persons, who will continue to uphold our mission of being a market leader, by innovating and servicing our customers with extreme dedication.
This Product Development Associate role requires a great attention to detail in terms of meticulously capturing every component that will be used creating complex and innovative products. In addition this role will be involved in calculating costs related to material, labor, machine capacity and manufacturing efficiency to help determine if the company should actually develop the product. To close the circle, this position will research and order materials and components from overseas manufacturers, ensuring timely delivery and quality of materials.
WHO ARE YOU
Your drive to take pride and ownership in everything you do and most of all you're resourceful! You are looking for opportunities to grow in Product Development and you enjoy autonomy and taking on projects on your own. If this is you, please let us know.
* Communicates daily with internal departments to answer immediate and pressing issue to facilitate project completion within required timeline
* Prepare the necessary information to obtain costing, create specs for all items.
* Build strong relationships with vendors to ensure product development and sourcing objectives are achieved
* Work closely with Creative Director/Product Management Team/Sales to make sure new product development meets intended design.
* Review samples and packaging prototypes, and communicate back to factories identifying any shortcomings, and propose solutions to overcome.
* Understanding of costing implications as they relate to the Product Development process, this includes creating and calculating cost sheets and analyzing costs based on various volumes.
* Bachelor's degree in Business administration or equivalent relevant experience
* Two plus years in a project coordinator/administrative assistant position
* Solid knowledge of Excel in order to manage the costing function , as well as provide analysis on future needs.
* Must be highly organized, responsive, detail-oriented, team player with a positive "can do" attitude and have the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy
* Needs to be comfortable in a fast paced environment and flexible to changing priorities.
* Show initiative and willingness to "go the extra mile". Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
Astor Chocolate has defined itself by selecting the finest chocolate and packaging concepts. Astor applies the same devotion to selecting and developing the best people.