Production Lead (Power Generation)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 4/23/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Reporting to the Value Stream Supervisor, the Production Lead (in the Power Generation Value Stream) is expected to create and manage assigned production schedules ensuring compliance, using Lean Process tools in order to produce products to meet our customer's expectations. The Production Lead is required to continuously improve our performance in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost as indicated by our KPI's while closely interfacing with other production leads to ensure daily schedules are met. This individual will also perform production processes as required to meet daily schedules due to excessive work, vacations, or other absentees.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Ability to deal with employee performance issues in an effective manner.
* Conduct daily sunrise and sunset meetings to coordinate Daily Management, communicate objectives and current performance vs. objectives, and sustain lean conversion improvements.
* Resolves issues that inhibit smooth production flow through the cells (issues regarding manpower, methods, tooling, fixtures, or materials).
* May lead and train associates in daily responsibilities and LBS philosophies.
* Independent development of action plans and countermeasures to ensure metric success.
* Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Work with Manufacturing and Quality Engineering on production and quality improvements and problem resolutions.
* Maintain visual management in assigned cells.
* Responsible for the safety of associates.
* Responsible for daily recording of data (productivity, quality, time charges, etc.).
* Create and maintain work schedules for assigned cells.
* Review daily labor demand per cell. Schedule associates where needed to meet daily demand. Reallocate excessive labor to other cells / areas.
* Ensure successful cross-training plan execution across assigned cells.
* Provide schedule to other support groups as to what is needed and when. Follow up to ensure needs are met as required.
* Responsible for team's performance in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity.
* Provide information on cell associates for performance reviews and provide reviews when appropriate.
* Facilitate teamwork among all members.
* Control material assets within the cells. Ensure proper inventory transactions to ensure high inventory accuracy including Kanban process adherence.
* Complete MRR's for rejects including providing corrective actions for all MRR's for areas of responsibility.
* Ensure 5S and Preventative Maintenance tasks are completed daily.
* Verify and sign time cards daily.
* Ensure constant knowledge of purchase part shortage estimated arrival dates / times.
* Status kit pulls. Notify production control as to kit needs prior to start dates.
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
Education: A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Some college and/or supervisory training preferred.
Years Experience: Two to Five years experience in a variety of progressive manufacturing functions/positions.
* Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office computer programs especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
* Previous leadership / supervisory experience preferred.
* Ability to handle personnel conflicts between associates in partnership with Human Resources and Supervisor.
* Thorough working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Process Tools.
* Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
* Ability to lead and execute a high percentage of daily tasks assigned to associates within assigned areas of responsibility in a fast-paced environment.
* Must apply open-minded thinking and listening skills.
* Must have general understanding of manufacturing processes and material processes.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (including e-mail) to individuals and groups.
* Capable leadership, coaching, and training skills.
* Must be able to comprehend and communicate instructions.
* Must be able to communicate effectively cross-functionally with a variety of personality types and levels of the organization.
* Must be able to read and analyze data.
* Must be able to use the telephone, sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
* May be required to work flexible hours.
* Team oriented, organized, able to work with minimum supervision.
* Detail oriented, logical thinker.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.