Production Machinist III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Responsible for managing the corresponding equipment performing the corresponding setups in compliance with the instructions and procedures of the area, making changes and adjustments necessary to ensure the optimum equipment maintenance and contribute with established goals, ensuring the proper use of the resources through the practice of the safety and quality standards established at the Norwood Plant.
- Daily monitoring Meetings.
- Compliance with daily production plan
- Follow up procedures and work instructions.
- Check the correct operation and daily maintenance of the corresponding equipment
- Minimize downtime of machines
- CNC Machine Setup
- Measurement and inspection of machined parts
- Fill required documentation
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory responsbilities.
* Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
* Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently.
* Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
* Quantity Completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity.
* Adaptability Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Computer Skills knowledge and competency for Microsoft office package.
Setting up and operating Swiss Style Screw Machines and Multi-Spindle Automatics to their full capacity.
Education and/or Experience
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Previous related experience required or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in both group settings and one-on-one conversations with supervisors and fellow employees
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole number, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interperet a variety of technical instructions
* Other Skills and Abilities
* Has good soft skills to work well with others
* Quality conscious and is proficient in measurement tools The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
* stand and walk the majority of the workday;
* walk through narrow aisles;
* use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
* reach with hands and arms;
* stoop, kneel, or crouch; and
* Occasionally lift/carry/move up to 35 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (@ 20 inches or less) for small objects, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, chemicals, and heat exposure. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.