Production Manager 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRODUCTION MANAGER M&I (MUNICIPAL AND INDUSTRIAL)
Job Type: Full Time
Company's Municipal & Industrial segment enables our customers to improve their water treatment efficiency by providing value adding support and high performing chemicals.
We are looking for a Production Manager whose primary responsibilities will be managing safe and efficient production of water treatment chemicals. This position translates the operational goals of customer satisfaction, Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality into operational policies and procedures. This role also identifies and employs the necessary resources to satisfy stated goals in a safe and efficient manner within budgetary guidelines while providing leadership to production, plant services and warehouse/distribution personnel.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Overseeing safe and environmentally conscious operations on a daily basis for the manufacturing of quality products produced in a timely and cost efficient manner
* Managing inventory of raw materials and finished products
* Directing the planning of workflow and workforce utilization
* Ensuring excellence in product quality
* Instilling standards of excellence in site management team
* Ensuring total compliance and continuous improvement with all requirements with OHSA, TDG, EPA and all other related provincial and local authorities.
* Driving continuous plant improvement in all regulatory areas to ensure all employees operate in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
* Maintaining all necessary certifications (i.e., NSF, IMS)
* Ensuring implementation of company policies, programs and standards
* Developing and implementing local plant procedures
* Supporting preparation of annual plant operations financial budgets
* Monitoring of production expenditures to stay within budgeted allowance
* Participating in the capital project recommendation and justifications process.
* Schedule and conduct safety meetings
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years' chemical plant management experience or a minimum of 8 years' experience in one or more chemical plant management functions: production, materials management, technical, engineering or maintenance. Minimum 3 years' prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing operation.
* Solid understanding of coagulant manufacturing processes and customer focus
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing concepts and methodologies
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong interpersonal relationship skills
* Strong computer skills in MS Office
* Proven ability to train and engage employees in Continuous Improvement
* Experience with business management systems, preferably SAP
* Proven leadership skills in a fast paced, high stress environment
* Demonstrated ability to reduce cost and debottleneck operations that result in bottom line impacts.
* Experience with operations accounting and budgeting
* Experience dealing with Hazardous Materials