Production Manager - Continuous Improvement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMajor established and leading global company has an opportunity at a growing plant in southeast IA for a PRODUCTION MANAGER - CI RELATED. In this role will lead other supervisors, team leaders and individual contributors who are responsible for complex and/or multiple projects tied to executing the organization's TPS or strategy for continuous improvement. This management role is at the entry level in the organization. In this role will show a sense of urgency that results in a commitment to results that are quality. Will coach and mentor employees. Will champion safety as a very important aspect of everyone's job.
* Related bachelor degree is required
* Must have at least 4 years of related production management or production supervision experience
* Need to be competent in the daily application of continuous improvement methodologies
* Prefer TPS - Toyota Production Systems principles experience
* Must be open to up to 25% travel
* Prefer lean manufacturing experience
* Must be able to manage numerous functions
* Skilled at using and appropriate and careful judgement in evaluation of personnel as to performance
* METAL WORKING MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE SUCH AS WELDING, ASSEMBLY, PAINT AND FABRICATION