Production Manager 9/3/2016
Major industrial manufacturer
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRODUCTION MANAGER Deerfield, IL
Major industrial manufacturer is seeking a talented and dedicated Production Manager to join the leadership team. This position is targeted for an accelerated career track and as such there is an expectation that the successful candidate will be exceptional.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, leads and directs the production activities for the production department for the location across all shifts. Clarifies and coordinates tasks and provides individual coaching and support needed to keep team committed to achievement of defined goals. Assumes and important role in resolving production problems.
This progressive company strives to build a strong culture by promoting consistent leadership, accountability, and employee involvement, process discipline and customer focus.
* Leads and directs the production activities for the production departments for the location across all shifts. Clarifies and coordinates tasks and provides individual coaching and support needed to keep team committed to achievement of defined goals. Assumes an important role in resolving production problems.
* Supervises the Production Supervisors and Leaders and production personnel to ensure maximum production and quality levels for all plant equipment and operations in accordance with production plan.
* Achieves production plan, operating within costs as budgeted for stated production levels in the fiscal year. Controls recovery of materials and other direct and indirect costs.
* Develops and maintains a smooth functioning communications system with departments and other personnel. Ensures good communications among and between shifts and crews.
* Implements and maintains the safety program in the production departments of the location.
* Maintains a constant vigilance for safe and healthy working conditions of employees. This includes responsibility for maintaining a high standard for housekeeping practices. Makes employees aware of job hazards directly and through subordinate supervisors and hourly leaders. Ensures proper safety training of employees and compliance with company safety rules and procedures. Investigates accidents to determine and eliminate the cause. Works closely with location EHS.
* Conducts all supervisory responsibilities concerning the hiring, training, counseling, discipline, and performance appraisal, Assigns and prioritizes work for all subordinates. Coaches and supports team and please a key role in promoting team culture.
* Recommends replacement of existing equipment as needed and follows up on action performance against estimates. Accumulates costs and statistical data on major repairs and assists in long range planning.
* Partners with the Human Resources to ensure compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement in areas such as overtime and seniority and works to resolve employee grievances in a timely and equitable manner.
* Partners with Lean Manager and is a facilitator for Lean implementation.
* Works closely with Quality Manager to establish a consistent process for the application of quality improvement.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Prior manufacturing experience required with knowledge of plant operations and processes.
* Previous supervisory experience required.
* Knowledge of aluminum processing technology.
* Knowledgeable about company customers and products.
* Strong interpersonal skills - oral and written communication skills are essential.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Familiar with process improvement and lean concepts.
* We insist on an exceptional candidate for this critical role.
* Must now be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident