This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition: PRODUCTION MANAGER
Reports to: VP Division Manager
Product Line: Structural Steel
Location: Denver, CO
My growing client specializes in Rebar Fabrication, Structural and Miscellaneous Steel, and Concrete Construction Accessories for both commercial and residential buildings. They are also known for their Field Welding and Basement Window Installation capabilities. So whether you need rebar, steel, or accessories, they have the products, services, and experience you need to get your project done.
Manage all shop operations including; shop production, receiving, shop fabrication, coatings, and shipping operations, to produce a product the meets the shop drawing requirements and contract specifications. Manage the fabrication process so projects are fabricated within the time schedule, budget and quality standards of the organization and meet the customer's and Company's expectations.
* Plan the work sequence of fabrication.
* Train Department Managers in the performance of their duties.
* Evaluate Department Managers performance.
* Answer Department Supervisors questions on technical matters concerning drawings and fabrication.
* Outsource fabrication when required to meet shop schedules
* Coordinate between the VP Division Manager, Sales & Estimating Manager, Senior Project Manager, Project Managers, Purchasing Manager and Department Managers.
* Warehousing, distribution, shipping management and effective liaison with these functions/departments.
* Plan and implement shop layout and material flow so as to maximize efficiency, customer satisfaction, product appearance, staff ergonomics and image to customers.
* Evaluate and manage all shop consumables in an effort to reduce overall shop and equipment costs.
* Supervises the storage and loading of the fabricated product to minimize damage.
* Meet shipping budgets, contacts and coordinates with contract haulers.
* Coordinates with project management to meet customer and erector delivery requirements.
* Develop and maintain systems in order to keep the shop in compliance with AISC Certification and AWS requirements.
* Coordinate and cooperate with quality management and standards bodies, coordinates inspections with outside inspection agencies.
* Monitor performance (in relevant areas) according to agreed standards and take necessary action to communicate/advise/assist according to performance levels.
* Coordinate with customers and suppliers where necessary (where impacting/affected by quality issues)
* Execute all responsibilities and tasks assigned by a company director according to lawful and ethical standards.
* Create and maintain a safe and efficient work place for all employees.
* Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems, capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to company policy and relevant law