Production Manager 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRODUCTION MANAGER
Goleta, CA 93117
Full-Time (M-F 8am - 5pm)
Our client is a leading designer, manufacturer, and worldwide distributor of rescue and work at height equipment, as well as a globally respected emergency response educator. Our client manufactures all of their products at its headquarters near Santa Barbara, CA. Our client is an employee-owned company that's garnered a strong and loyal following among its users.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
* Design, develop, test and/or source various tools, machinery and equipment for improving manufacturing methods, coordinating with product development to assure
manufacturability of new and updated product designs.* Conduct performance reviews/check-ins, aligning work plans with expected outcome.
* Ensure daily team meetings are being conducted and attend as appropriate to observe, coach, and provide feedback.
* Translate broader corporate initiatives into production specific action plans.
* Ensure competitive lean manufacturing techniques and philosophies are successfully applied to all CMC manufacturing efforts.
* Drive metric based performance management, providing clear, frequent feedback to staff on their work performance.
* Collaborate with Quality to employ continuous improvement methods for improving productivity levels, quality, and safety, while reducing cost.
* Develop people, working with all levels of staff, from shop floor to management, to increase understanding and use of Lean Six Sigma philosophy methods.
* Work with continuous improvement teams to identify, reduce, and eliminate non-value added process steps and waste. Seek out opportunities to enhance manufacturability of products through design refinements.
REQUIREMENTS OF A QUALIFIED CANDIDATE:
* 5+ years' experience in leading teams.
* Work experience in Operations/Manufacturing environment.
* Background as a supervisor, department leader, six sigma black belt, or engineer.
* Some experience is sewing/textile.
* Prior experience in Project Management.
* Hold a Bachelor of the Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
* Certification in Project Management or Black Belt.
IF QUALIFIED, PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR RESUME SAVED AS A WORD DOCUMENT.