This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas USA, LLC is hiring a Production Manager in Hyattsville, MD!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
NATURE OF POSITION:
The Primary focus and responsibility of the Production Manager is to manage, control and assure the cost effective availability of gas and cylinder assets for the plant. The Production Manger will report directly to the Assistant Plant Manager. The Production Manager will interface daily with the Plant Manager, Assistant Plant Manager or designated Supervisors. The Production Manager works independently to identify assets on hand, assets required and initiate requests for additional assets. Troubleshoots problems and develops solutions. The Production Manager fully utilizes the Company's systems to monitor and develop reports of asset availability and usage.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Ensure daily production data is entered into SAP by working with and coordination with the plant production staff.
* Verify and audit all production forms turned in are accurate and entered at the end of each shift
* Verify plant has sufficient raw product to meet demand by working with and coordination with the plant production staff.
* Follow up with supervisors regarding materials and documentation.
* Identify performance deficiencies to work standards and successfully implement corrective actions to safely, quickly and effectively reach or exceed work standards.
* Ensure full and empty cylinder counts are accurate. In conjunction with the Inventory Control Coordinator, investigates variances from Cycle Counts and quarterly counts and works with business associates to correct issues. Will assist with physical inventories as needed.
* Assist the Assistant Plant Manager in planning, scheduling and tracking cylinder flow through the plant.
* Ensure all bulk receipts are entered daily into SAP received from the bulk delivery driver responsible for deliveries to Airgas locations.
* Ensure product is stored in the proper location - appropriate signage needed for all products including quarantine and repairs/retest sections. Creates and maintains a site map for storage that is reviewed and approved by the plant management staff.
* Perform storage location movements as needed by ensuring that the physical location corresponds to SAP changes.
* Ensure consumption gases (propane, Nitrogen, Argon) are properly relieved from inventory on a daily basis. Establish and follow local process by creating and maintaining a daily tracking log.
* Process all locally submitted on demand cycle counts and post for the location. Review first, question if needed then approve.
* Ensure all 3rd party incoming gas purchase orders are received daily, this process must include truck reconciliation.
* Monitor daily production levels and shipping data. Coordinate the inventory for Cylinder and Raw counts and weekly cylinder Counts by working with the Regional Cylinder Manager and the plant management team to ensure that all counts and production levels are accurate and timely per Regional guidelines.
* Demonstrate the ability to work independently to identify assets on hand, assets required and requests for additional assets.
* Review Days Stock on Hand. Quickly identify production/procurement gaps as well as excessive inventory on hand. Discuss with plant management actions based on your assessment.
* Verify all internal gas transfers are received in each day from other than products produced by the plant.
* Review all branch add-ons to assure that the requests are reasonable and to identify any spot or spiked usage and business declines. Proactively adjust inventory based on analysis.
* Review dead stock and dead stock/excess at supplied branches to assure that stock is moving and that cost of inventory is not tied up in non-moving inventory.
* Working understanding of MRP settings, ability to recommend changes
* Create development plans to successfully reach business goals
* Verify and audit accurate truck reconciliation
* Troubleshoot issues as needed
* Verify all branch delivery tickets and empty return tickets are selected every day
* Identify/review Logistics Dash Board concerns and troubleshoot solutions.
* Assist in any other production planning and scheduled duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
* Troubleshoot and identify and communicate areas for improvements in the local inventory process
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasional bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
* Ability to perform work doing occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
* Must be able to occasionally work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
* Talk to and hear customers/co-workers.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent years of related experience considered
* 5 years in production leadership, including staff supervision and inventory management
* Bulk/gas industry preferred
* Must be comfortable interfacing and communicating (written and oral) at all levels of the organization.
* The position will require the person to be able to work in an environment where conflict and resolution is part of the work day.
* Experience with SAP preferred
* Proficiency with MS Office with an emphasis on Excel.
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Independent, self-motivated and confident
* Demonstrated good analytical problem solving skills
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for em