This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
FPC of Savannah
JOB DESCRIPTIONFPC of Savannah is currently seeking a Production Manager for our client to drive the process of continuous improvement for a complex and evolving production facility. The Production Manager will coach and train a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with the companies' values and strategic direction, including building a culture of change and continuous improvement. The Production Managerreports to the Plant Manager at the facility and will be responsible for supervisors, hourly shop floor employees as well as others.
The Production Manager is responsible for meeting or exceeding all production goals for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Morale. The Production Manager is required to provide annual and mid-year performance reviews as well as ensure employees know and adhere to all company Policies and Procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Lean manufacturing experience
* Well versed in safety legislation and safety rules as they relate to a manufacturing environment
* Experience in a least one of the applicable manufacturing areas: mechanical/electrical assembly, fabrication, machining, welding (manual and robotic), paint
* Demonstrated track record to positively coach, mentor and effectively manage performance
* Experience supervising hourly and salaried employees
* Strong root cause problem-solving abilities and experience addressing more complex technical problems
* Effective Team building skills, good change manager
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to present information to team members, top management, customers
* Knowledge of widely used computer system software
* Work background in low volume highly engineered heavy industry product environment
* Trained in formal problem solving and continuous improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma
* MRP system use, SAP preferred
* Knowledge of Association of American Railroad Specifications