This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Bemis Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosted Date
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
English | Spanish
Bemis Company creates exceptional packaging for food, consumer product, healthcare, and industrial applications. We work collaboratively with forward-thinking companies to find better ways to succeed. Our strategic objectives are to accelerate growth, focus innovation, and continuously improve, all aimed at improving financial performance toward our long-term targets. Our Vision is: passionate commitment to the growth and success of our customers will make Bemis the clear choice for inspired packaging solutions.
Founded in 1858, Bemis reported 2015 net sales of $4.1 billion. Bemis has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs approximately 17,000 individuals worldwide
More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
To manage overall plant production in achieving Safety, Quality, Service, Waste, Cost-out and Productivity goals. This will be executed through providing strong leadership to the team and managing the systems, equipment, people and materials according to the established policies, procedures, specifications, and customer requirements. This individual reports directly to the Plant Manager and generally will have 3-4 direct reports (Department Managers or Shift Supervisors). Scope for this Production Manager role is a small sized facility with typically 200 or less employees and low to mid-level complexity.
* Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Works in conjunction with the EHS Manager to establish and maintain all policies and programs to assure a safe working environment. Participates in incident investigations for near misses, injuries and/or property damage that occur in the functional areas.
* Identifies opportunities and problem areas for targeted improvement by creating, reviewing and monitoring data or reports that show performance to KPI"s. (specifically safety, quality, waste, and productivity)
* Works with planning and maintenance departments to maximize equipment maintenance programs and prioritize the proper PM schedules which will insure mechanical performance.
* Works with engineering personnel in the role of a project team member for new machine installations and start-ups. Provides pertinent information to insure that all machine specifications, auxiliary equipment, installation, operator training, etc. meet production needs.
* Oversees development of production associates to increase human capital goals, including devising a training method/plan for continuous skill improvement, while participating in capital planning to ensure financial and operational objectives are met.
* Performs all aspects of human capital management for direct reports including goal setting, improvement targets for KPI"s, salary planning, performance management.
* Ensure compliance with department safety, product safety, fire protection, Company polices/procedures, and housekeeping programs.
* Ensures effective, timely and well developed communications for all product associates.
* Manage process control initiatives by ensuring manufacturing SOP"s exist, and that they are sufficient for quality, safety, and process control.
* Participate in budgeting process, capital planning, cost take out, staffing, and other elements to ensure financial and operational objectives are met.
* Lead and ensure growth of WCOM/CI culture by providing resources, participating in teams, and leading teams as necessary
* A Bachelor s degree in engineering, business administration, or related field
* 5+ years of experience in a production environment
* Demonstrated passion for safety
* 3+ years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in flexible packaging
* Demonstrates 3 E s Energy, Empowerment, Execution
* Lives Bemis Core Values
* Proven ability to lead and drive continuous improvement
* Strong Customer Service mindset
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* A safety culture and environment to send every employee home everyday without injury.
* Meets or exceeds plant business plan and KPI s.
* Effective efficient equipment install & maintenance.
* Facility/building maintenance for effective operations.
* Operates within established budget.
* Best Practices establishment & execution.
* Effective, cost-efficient planning and utilization of manpower, materials and machinery.
* Records and Reports Is responsible for completeness and accuracy of all production records and reports.
* Strong Human Capital planning, development and management for direct reports.
* A Bachelor s degree in Engineering or technical emphasis.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer