This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
We strive to make cities the best ever places to live, by advancing an industry that moves over 1 billion people each day. We are transforming our business by driving the industry norm and challenging ourselves, fostering a culture of internal and external collaboration, and building on our unique engineering capabilities to optimize existing and create new products and solutions for our customers that cater to real mobility needs. thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 7.2 billion euros in fiscal 2014/2015 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world's leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years' time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.'
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking an experienced Production Manager to join our world class team in Middleton, TN. This role will be responsible for coordinating, directing and managing the activities of the departments area of responsibility to ensure the most efficient and safe methods are being utilized to achieve the goals and objectives of the department while maintaining compliance with company standards and processes utilizing LEAN principles.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Provide specific job information to scheduling and customers with app ship dates of materials
* Work with scheduling and customers to arrange timely delivery of materials
* Applies principles of lean manufacturing to area in order to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost performance
* Conducts performance reviews of direct reports and development plans to improve performance
* Audits standard work of all departments reporting to the area and takes actions necessary to develop personnel in the adherence of work
* and 6S standards
* Coordinates employee involvement activities
* Engages employees through teaching, training and team building activities
* Schedules, conducts and physically participates in meetings related to safety, quality, delivery, cost and product problems
* Establishes project priorities and assists department/area employees in problem solving
* Acknowledges accomplishments of assigned responsibilities while working with employees to address safety, quality, delivery and cost
* Addresses engineering designs related to current and future manufacturing processes and production needs
* Supervises and/or personally conducts value analysis studies relative to department/area facilities and equipment needs; both present and
* Makes appropriate recommendations to management, supervises and/or prepares requests for capital equipment
* Directs and manages department/area employees in time study and the establishment of productivity goals, standardization and simplification of production practices, fabrication methods and processes
* Supervises department/area employees relative to inventory, inventory turns, cost of raw materials and cost of work in process, production capacity and material availability to assist in planning workload
* Interprets and administers company policies and/or union contract as they apply to department/area activities
* Proactively implements established safety program that creates a safe work environment for all employees and visitors; to include
* participation in the Safety Committee and/or audit of safety procedures in assigned area
* Proactively implements established pollution prevention program in assigned area
* Conduct daily communication meetings with members of the department/area
* Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
* BS degree in industrial engineering required
* APICS certification a plus
* Eight (8) to ten (10) years' experience in a manufacturing environment required
* Six (6) years' experience in a supervisory role within a related environment required
* Familiarity with existing TKE IT systems (COPICS, Barcode, Trace, QCBD, etc.) preferred
* Comprehensive understanding of MRP systems
* Demonstrated ability to design and implement Sequential Pull Systems in a manufacturing environment.
* Possess strong experience with design, implementation and administration of Clear-To-Build processes in a low-mix, high-volume
* manufacturing environment
* Possess strong experience with design, implementation and administration of Production Sequencing in a low-mix,
* high-volume manufacturing environment
* Demonstrated experience with Problem Response systems (PDCA/PTRS, Practical Problem Solving, Socratic Coaching, Visual Management) actively involved in problem-solving efforts and able to coach others in problem solving
* Possess solid leadership and facilitation skills that can be demonstrated in work experience
* Possess strong knowledge of company products, processes and lean principles to train and lead others preferred
* Possess strong effective communication and organizational skills for all levels within the company required
* Proficiency in Microsoft Suites, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook required
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Our offer to you
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
thyssenkrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.