Production Manager 8/17/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Develop and maintain operational standards and parameters for all processes including safety, quality, and productivity aspects of each process. Ensure ethical execution of contractual agreements based on leadership direction for the facility in a safe progressive manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Monitor continuous plant operations in all areas and report deficiencies to plant leadership and resolve any operational issues.
* Monitor inventory levels for supplies and equipment and initiates purchases as necessary.
* Develop, implement and update plant operations for all processes.
* Assist in development and implementation of plant safety programs.
* Administer all contractual obligations to maintain leadership favorable position, including agreements for equipment servicing, procurement (equipment and supplies), laundry service, and labor union contracts.
* Serve in leadership role in absence of Operations Manager.
* Conduct daily floor rounds and interact with operational employees.
* Manage assigned employees, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and performance management. Maintain and promote positive employee relations in work environment.
* May work offsite at other DFA facilities and other outside companies, including travel away from location.
* Exhibit the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America through honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Attend required training, including but not limited to Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
* Ensure availability to respond to emergencies or other unexpected operational requirements (i.e. nights, weekends, or holidays). Participate in on-call rotation.
* Back up to/from Operations Manager in his her/her absence. Assignment will be determined at time of event.
* The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
* Dedicate effort to safety as we expect every employee to leave work in the same condition as they arrive.
* Follow all DFA good manufacturing practices (GMP) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
* Adhere to all DFA Quality, Safety and GMP policies and procedures and report any nonconformity.