PRODUCTION MANAGER-SALISBURY, NH AREA
The Production Manager will lead manufacturing operations including, application of policies and procedures, supervision of the production team, employee development and integration of continuous improvement programs while maintaining safety protocol and practices.
* Ensure that all safety policies and procedures are followed. This includes accident reporting, investigation, primary cause analysis, corrective action, implementation, and follow up.
* Continually drive employees to deliver a safe and clean workplace.
* Coordination and supervision of the production work force including hiring, training and development and termination of employees.
* Effectively communicate culture, policies and procedures to employees.
* Create and maintain manufacturing instructions, packaging instructions, and standard operating procedures.
* Maintain departmental training program including employee certification records.
* Execute thorough, fair, and honest performance evaluations and personnel improvement plans.
* Communicate daily with Planning/ Materials Management to maximize ability to service the customer while optimizing labor efficiency. This includes managing work levels, staffing and minimizing overtime.
* Communicate throughout the shift with Hourly employees to ensure a constant exchange of ideas, concerns, and information.
* Execute special projects as assigned by Director of Operations.
* Monitor manufacturing performance in real time and post mortem and adjust production in a timely manner to improve performance.
* Purchase supplies for the Plant and adhere to the budget.
* Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Operations Management discipline.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing supervisory role.
* Outstanding organizational skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
* Able to handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
* Demonstrates leadership, problem solving and conflict management skills (horizontal and vertical).
* Demonstrates a professional team-player attitude toward work and co-workers.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to embrace/drive change.
* Computer literate including proficiency in Microsoft Office/ Outlook.