Production Manager - Sub Assembly (Mizu)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Would you like to work for a 2014 Georgia Manufacturer of the Year Award Winner?
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of automotive parts, is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals at our facility due to our growth and expansion.
Due to ongoing growth in our Steering Gear production department, we have an opportunity to hire a PRODUCTION MANAGER to focus on the sub assembly process at our MONROE, GA facility. You offer us your determination and work-ethic, we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
This position is directly responsible for developing and overseeing strategic and tactical plans that meet divisional and corporate objectives for profitability, cost control, product quality, compliance, employee development and internal customer service. This position is responsible for effective execution of the job responsibilities noted below as well as the effective execution of the job responsibilities for the following positions (production manager, materials manager, production planner)
Lead, train and develop teams of Injection Molding, Tool Shop, Sub-Assembly
Focus on New Process Development
Lead technical resources
Improve existing process
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs capacity analysis of resources including equipment, suppliers and labor, level loading production on the shop floor.
* Maintain the measurement of machine utilization and efficiency for improved product throughput.
* Releases production orders to manufacturing
* Monitors lead times, lot sizes, BOMs and labor constraints to support master production scheduling
* Schedule work orders to utilize material, capacity and labor resources in order to meet on-time delivery while controlling costs to optimize profitability
* Maintains work center scheduled to ensure proper jobs are scheduled and capacity limitations are understood and communicated
* Utilize MRP system to plan raw material requirements and schedule manufacturing production
* Generates production schedules and raw material requirements
* Inventory reduction, leveling. Maintains inventory to achieved assigned levels
* Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure functional objectives are met
* Works diligently with Quality and Engineering departments to develop mechanisms that will improve quality, provide realistic schedules, standardize processes and reduce costs
* Participates on new product teams to help build plan that will ensure a smooth transition from concept to production and full product launch
* Reduce direct labor costs - Implement automated scheduling techniques (CRP) to effectively schedule jobs and reduce labor inefficiency
* Train operators to meet company requirements and plan tact time
* Provide technical leadership through mentoring, training, and coaching direct reports.
* Optimize machine utilization and manufacturing productivity by utilizing Lean Principals
* Inventory management- Implement automated planning techniques (MRP_ to effectively manage inventory. Set-up and maintain min/max lead times and safety stock levels to improve planning and reduce overall material costs
* Manages successful resolution of customer complaints/issues.
* Other projects and tasks as assigned
Strong knowledge of Injection Molding (Insert molding) Process & Tools/Maintenace
Experienced with the use and implementation of Scientific Molding Principles
15 years of experience as a Process Engineer in PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDING
Demonstrated leadership capabilities
* Knowledge of cost accounting fundamentals and labor reporting
* Working knowledge of Microsoft office or equivalent
* BS in Engineering (Mechanical Engineer preferred)
* Masters Degree is a plus
* Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate the combination of experience, training and education to be capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).