Production Material Handler 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Working from verbal, written, or computer generated instructions and according to established operating procedures. Performs the following essential functions below:
- Manage packaging station - ensure film and tooling are properly installed and functioning.
- Assist other line workers to ensure that the roll palletizing, winding, packaging, printing and trimming functions at the end of the production line run smoothly.
- Complete production paperwork as directed.
- Provide relief for other production personnel and other areas as needed
- Remove finished rolls from line and assemble on pallets
- Unload raw materials from rail and truck.
- Maintain labeling equipment and generate proper and accurate labels for finished goods.
- Place finished pallets of rolls in racking system by proper address.
- Properly and safely operate overhead crane for handling rolls
- Communicate with materials coordinator on truck schedules
- Participate in physical inventory counts
- Operate forklift to move materials as required.
- Inspect mobile equipment and complete the appropriate checklist(s).
- Assist production line crews as needed.
- Help to reclaim scrap rolls at slitter/ rewinder.
- Follows JSA's, uses safe work practices, and reports hazardous conditions at all times. Wear protective clothing & equipment as required.
- Follow all Johns Manville safety procedures and policies.
Must be able to tolerate heat, good vision, hearing, speaking, color vision, and finger dexterity skills are required, as well as the ability to operate heavy equipment. The ability to set up and follow simple work plans and communicate with co-workers is essential. Basic computer skills are necessary. Employee must pass forklift, JLG, and all plant related safety program tests.