This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 5/26/2017
DS Services of America, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview of the Production Mechanic position
This position is responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair on all plant machinery and equipment to sustain production at high efficiency levels.
* Maintain equipment including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and fluid handling systems.
* Accurately record project activities and prepares appropriate operating standards and/or maintenance procedures for all equipment and processes.
* Maintain cleanliness of maintenance equipment area.
* Maintain appropriate inventory of maintenance supplies.
* Establish and maintain communication with appropriate equipment vendors and suppliers.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Minimum three (3) years of production equipment maintenance experience, preferably in food and beverage environment.
* Hydraulic and pneumatic systems knowledge.
* Ability to understand blueprints, diagrams and ladder logic programs.
* Experience with software interface tools for Allen Bradley or GE PLCs and windows based software preferred.
* Proficient in using hand, power, shop and diagnostic tools.
* Skilled in electrical power/controls, mechanical and fluid handling systems.
* Trade or Technical school certification preferred.
* Forklift experience (required in some locations).
* Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled