Production Mechanic 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location:
OUR FOCUS IS ON QUALITY
BIC products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Set-up, run, maintains and repairs machines and equipment.
* Troubleshoot machine issues. Evaluate issues as it relates to production; perform repairs to maximize quality, safety, and efficiency in the department.
* Maintain specific equipment in department(s). Investigate and track machine issues.
* Organize work to facilitate completion of scheduled maintenance programs. Correct outstanding machine issues, while maximizing machine efficiencies.
* Implement continuous improvement modifications and changes required to standardize machine set-up.
* Attend shift turnover meetings and communicate all necessary information to maximize opportunities in the department.
* Team Player Able to work effectively with all members of the team, i.e. Operators, Electricians, Plant Floaters, Technicians, Management, etc. solve problems and pursue continuous improvement opportunities.
* Flexibility / Adaptability Able to work effectively in an environment where priorities, work assignments, and hours worked may change periodically.
* Initiative Originate new ideas or methods to continue to enhance quality, safety, and efficiency in department(s).
* Self-Direction Work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
* Must successfully pass the Mechanical Standard Timing Model (Minimizer) Test.
This exam evaluates mechanical aptitude in writing and on machines.
* Employees must successfully complete a 120 calendar day probationary period. During this period the employee is required to pass the Column Bracket and Spindle Shaft (Block & Shaft) Test, which indicates whether the candidate can safely and effectively use common tool room equipment
* Vocational Technical School graduate or trade / military equivalent.
* 5+ years of trade experience in a manufacturing environment.
Candidate will train on the first shift for the first several months. At the end of the training period, the candidate may be assigned to second or third shift.
BIC offers competitive salary, health insurance and 401(k). Successful candidates require passing drug test and undergoing security check.
For consideration apply online referencing job code H14-11C
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
No Relocation Offered for this Position. Drug-Free Workplace.