"Production Mgr I"
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/31/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
GREAT FALLS, MT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Meadow Gold Dairy in Great Falls, MT has an immediate
opening for a Production Manager. We offer a competitive
salary and excellent benefits. If you are interested in
this position please apply online at deanfoods.com,
under the "careers" link.
The Production Manager provides leadership and direction
to the plant in areas of responsibility including
administration, production, processing, packaging,
scheduling, sanitation, quality, purchasing, safety and
environmental. He/she works with the Plant Manager
and/or Operations Manager as the liaison between the
Plant and other departments including Sales,
Distribution, Corporate, and State and Federal
* Directs the overall activities of the manufacturing
facility to ensure customer orders are received,
scheduled, and produced at the lowest possible cost to
meet the customer s requirements while maintaining
established safety and quality standards.
* Analyzes plant operations and key metrics to ensure
that the facility maintains high quality and safety
standards to continue to maintain our leadership
position in the industry.
* Is responsible for expense management and control,
including shrink, labor and overhead costs utilizing
Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management
Operating Structure (MOS).
* Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures are
developed and maintained for all aspects of the
* Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change
agent with all departments within the Company.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager
requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating,
* Provides management of employees directly or through
supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention,
development, disciplinary action and performance
management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists,
may participate in negotiations, grievances or other
contract related activities and discussions.
* Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics.
This includes following Company policies, standards and
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree required and a minimum of 2 years of
* Internal Candidates: A minimum of 5 years hands-on
plant experience in the dairy plant or food industry
operations, with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory
* Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Union (for union facilities), Safety, and Workers
Compensation experience preferred.
* Experience leading and following Safety/Security
Policies and Procedures.
* Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies
and Procedures, and report and follow through on any
* Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI)
Processes in the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and
operational needs; ability to lead others through
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization and prioritization, and
attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to work
across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain
a team of employees.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.