Production Operator B - Dry Ice
JOB PURPOSE: To provide the primary manual labor required to produce and package dry ice.
* Loads and package dry ice on a daily basis in accordance with quality standards.
* Operates a pallet jack on a daily basis to maneuver dry ice boxes to meet production needs.
* Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and procedures.
* Clean-up functions including, but not limited to, sweeping, washing, painting, trash removal and pick-up.
* Unconditioned work space (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter). Hazards require the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes). Dry ice is extremely cold, and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling dry ice
* Shift work required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* One (1) year experience in a production/manufacturing environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
* Able to read and write
* Able to understand and follow the direction of supervisors
* Able to function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated, levels of CO2 vapor present in the facility
* Essential job function requires the routine lifting and manipulation of dry ice blocks ranging in weight from 5 - 50 pounds each
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability