Production Operator - Dry Ice
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 1/16/2017
Santa Fe Springs, CA
JOB PURPOSE: To provide the primary manual labor required to produce and package dry ice.
* Loads and package dry ice on a daily basis in accordance with quality standards.
* Operates a pallet jack on a daily basis to maneuver dry ice boxes to meet production needs.
* Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and procedures.
* Clean-up functions including, but not limited to, sweeping, washing, painting, trash removal and pick-up.
* Unconditioned work space (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter). Hazards require the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes). Dry ice is extremely cold, and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling dry ice
* Shift work required
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* One (1) year experience in a production/manufacturing environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
* Able to read and write
* Able to understand and follow the direction of supervisors
* Must be in good physical condition and pass company physical test (Inrtek Test)
* Able to function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated, levels of CO2 vapor present in the facility
Essential job function requires the routine lifting and manipulation of dry ice blocks ranging in weight from 5 - 50 pounds each.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability