This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Control and Communication Systems
Production Operator, Assembly, Esterline
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and services principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Control & Communication Systems is comprised of seven wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline. Our product and service brands include: AVISTA software and systems engineering services; BVR motion control and avionics computing; KORRY cockpit display and control products; MASON flight controls; RACAL Acoustics military headsets, PALOMAR products for secure communications systems, and ECLIPSE signal intelligence. Our operations are located in Platteville, WI; Rockford, IL; Everett, WA; Sylmar, CA; Harrow, UK; and Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.
Korry Electronics is part of Esterline Control & Communication Systems Technologies Corporation.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 600+
Title: Production Operator, Assembly
Job Family: Production Operator Assembly
Reports to: Production Manager
Works with: Production team, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Test Engineering, and Calibration.
Location: Located at Korry facility in Everett, WA
The Production Operator is a direct assembly line position performing a variety of complex technical tasks, assembly, and audits. Will provide support, and follow direction from other Assembly, Engineering Aides and Inspection personnel. This position will have direct contact with, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Test Engineering, Calibration, and Supervision.
* In-process Inspection of complex assemblies and systems for conformance to drawing and quality standards.
* Perform basic troubleshooting of complex assemblies, assembly tools, tooling, and test equipment associated with production product, upgrades, & reworks.
* Performs visual, dimensional, electrical, functional, and optical inspections per documented Assembly Inspection Record (AIR).
* Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and lighting standards used to measure product performance on the product line.
* Works from Engineering or Quality drawings, specifications, standards, test procedures, and verbal instructions to determine product or procedure acceptance.
* Will update, maintain, and improve as agreed upon by team personnel, various Quality or Assembly Engineering documents.
* Will be responsible for assuring that build and inspection equipment that is calibrated and/or qualified as fit-for-use is used properly and maintained within the Korry Quality System.
* Will be responsible to perform self-audits of workstation or as directed to ensure compliance to system and specification requirements.
* May assist Quality Engineers or Assembly Supervisors with design, inspection, and building of inspection tools and test equipment and/or creation of work standards.
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Willing to cross-train across product lines
* Strong communication skills
* Possess intermediate knowledge of reading, interpreting, and implementing blueprints, schematics and drawings
* May require soldering certification
* Must have a keen attention to detail; hand and eye coordination
* Works cooperatively in a team environment and effectively communicate with others
* Participates in problem solving teams to develop process improvements
* Willing to work extra hours, and potentially weekends
* Must have computer skills and knowledge; ability to operate on a computer
* Has a moderate understanding of Lean principles
* Customer Focus
* Ethics and Values
* Problem Solving
* Integrity and Trust
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Values Diversity
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* A minimum of four (4) years of Assembly experience.
* Prefer two-year technical degree or equivalent, high school diploma or equivalent required.
* Knowledge of lighting and test equipment preferred.
* Knowledge of and preferably trained in IPC-610 and/or J-Standards and possess good soldering skills.
Basic Work Hours
* Day Shift Hours Monday through Friday 6:00am to 2:30pm
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).