Production Operator I (Swing) - Tacoma
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY You'll Find It At Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC is the nation's largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. It is also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., and a leading supplier of dry ice. With over 1,300 retail and plant locations and over 17,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
The NorPac Region of Airgas USA, LLC, (responsible for Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and western Canada) is seeking an Operator - Production I to work swing shift in our Tacoma, WA facility.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Responsible for checking and filling all compressed gas and cryogenic cylinders in a safe and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, vendors co-workers and management.
* Inspect and fill empty cylinders and medical vans with pure gases in compliance with Airgas, FDA, CGA and other written policies.
* Test product filled per FDA, Airgas and other written policies.
* Maintain proper stock levels to ensure complete shipments.
* Keep work area clean and free of unneeded cylinders and equipment.
* Promote safety and all other company policies at all times.
* Maintain equipment and communicate requests to Plant Manager in writing.
* Assist in loading and unloading trucks as needed.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Ability to routinely lift 25 to 75 lbs., and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
* Ability to perform work during prolonged standing (up to 8 hours). Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, and repetitive motion required.
* Must be able to operate forklift and maintain appropriate forklift certifications.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customers needs and management expectations.
* Must be able to work inside and outside in temperatures ranging from 10 to 110 degrees.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
* Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan and more).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
See Job Description