Production Operator II (2nd Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou'll Find It With Us!
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products.
Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants; a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
More than 17,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers.
Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base.
The Northern CA & Nevada (NCN) Region of Airgas USA, LLC, is seeking a Production Operator II to join our Sacramento, CA plant operations team.
Responsible for checking and filling all compressed gas and cryogenic cylinders in a safe and professional manner.
* Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, vendors, co-workers, and management.
* Inspects and fills empty cylinders and medical vans with pure gases in compliance with Airgas, FDA, CGA, and other written policies.
* Tests product filled per FDA, Airgas, and other written policies.
* Maintains proper stock levels to ensure complete shipments.
* Keeps work area clean and free of unneeded cylinders and equipment.
* Promotes safety and all other company policies at all times.
* Maintains equipment and communicates requests to Plant Manager in writing.
* Assists in loading and unloading trucks as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED:
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Ability to routinely lift 25 to 75 lbs., and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
* Ability to perform work during prolonged standing (up to 8 hours); frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, and repetitive motion required.
* Must be able to operate forklift and maintain appropriate forklift certifications.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customers needs and management expectations.
* Must be able to work inside and outside in temperatures ranging from -10 to 110 degrees.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
* Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
* One year experience working with compressed gases and cylinders.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability